Chapter 33. Rumor has It

Hi! I just wanted to say that Wattpad is acting up a bit on my end and I'm finding minor errors in the text here and there which isn't my doing (words mixed up etc.) It is like they are popping out of nowehere!. With that said, there is probably some errors which I have missed and am the creator of! Please do tell me if you see something really strange and I will try and correct it immediately! 

Hugs Jenny!

-Keegan-

The sight of Cara taking on Kay almost made Keegan burst into laughter, but he managed to control himself. Unlike Fergus whom had burst into laughter right in front of everyone. The look on Kay's face had been the absolute best one Keegan had seen 'til this day.

Cara was blushing because of how he had praised her for giving Kay what she deserved. They shared a silent but exhilarating look before he remembered that all of his friend could still see them, and was likely waiting for him to properly introduce Cara. 

"Who are all of these people?" She asked hesitantly as they approached the group of people scattered in the grass. Her steps slowed down somewhat when she seemed to realize how many they were. 

"It is alright. They are friends of mine." Keegan answered her. "Some of them at least." 

"Who isn't-" 

"Kayleigh." He interrupted and nodded towards the she-devil that had entered the lake again. A confused expression flew over Cara's face. "What?" 

"Is she not a friend?" Cara enunciated the word 'friend', flashed was trying to memorize it as she mimicked him.

"No, I would not call her that." Keegan answered darkly. 

"Why not?" She urged him and threw a concerned look at Kay as she dove into the water. 

"It is a long story." He muttered elusive and not wanting to explain what sort of person Kay was, or what she mostly wanted from him and his friends. He didn't want to talk about Kay at all if it was up to him. "Let's just say that if she does not get what she wants, she ruins things for others." Keegan muttered. 

Cara nodded slowly. He waited for her to ask him to repeat himself since it appeared as if she hadn't fully understood him, but she never did. 

"Keegan." John greeted him as they reached the group. 

He was sitting in the grass with one elg crossing the other and his arms supporting his upper body. The vulgar stare in his eyes quickly found Cara and they lingered on her. Ate her up. Only because she was someone new to look at, and the fact that she was breathtakingly beautiful. Keegan suppressed his urges to growl at John for ogling Cara so indiscreetly.

"John." He said his friend's name darkly as to wake him from whatever trance he was currently in. John's eyes only temporarily left Cara, but as soon as he had met Keegan's gaze, they were back to staring at her. 

"Are you not going to introduce us?" John chuckled and got to his feet. You already know who she is... you saw her at the tavern. Keegan growled mentally and watches as John readjusted his clothes to look a little cleaner. He then reached his hand out to Cara. She took it and it almost looked like she did it without thinking and shook John's.

"I think you just did it yourself." Keegan growled underneath his breath and inhaled deeply through his nose,  making his chest grow somewhat. He locked eyes with John and wasn't happy about what he found in them; complete and utter provocation as they met his, but impure intentions as they returned to Cara. "Cara." He said coarsely and exhaled. "This is John. John, this is Cara."