1. I found a sister in you.

The sun was dipping below the horizons of New York sky, velvets of reds and blues blanketing the whole city. The light zephyrs were chilly yet calming in their own way and the scent of wet mud from recent drizzles was like the aroma of heaven for the people of Manhattan.

The stars had started to sparkle in the skies above the New York Institute, which was sparkling itself with the lights coming from it. The institute was crowded with the high officials of the Clave and all the family members of the Lightwood clan were present there including Maryse. And why wouldn't they, it was the Parabatai ceremony of the Head of the New York Institute who was squeaking with delight and running around in the whole Institute but by the angel's graciousness, the ex-Head of the New York Institute was present there to calm her excited nerves.

Alec was running around the whole institute, trailing behind his sister, trying to make sure she wouldn't embarrass herself with her excitement. 'Sisters can really drive you nuts, sometimes.' he thought.

"Isabelle Sophia Lightwood, calm your nerves, and don't you have to get ready for your ceremony?" Alec asked when he was finally alone with his sister in the weapons room.

"By the angel! Yes, thank you big brother. I'll quickly check with Jace and Simon, then send invitations to the Blackthorns for the engagement party; follow up on the cake delivery for tasting then I'll finally get ready." She said while arranging the weapons. "Oh, yes, I have to check on Mom too, I hope no one's treating her badly." She started to walk away when Alec grabbed her hand and pulled her backward.

Alec sighed heavily and shook his head. "Izzy, calm down. Jace and Simon have completed their training and are with Clary. You've already sent invitations to everyone in the morning, your wedding is not anytime soon. Luke is with Mom in her room, and, by the way, you have kept throwing daggers in the arrowheads section." He said matter of factly.

Izzy looked at the shelf, sighed, and looked at Alec while pursuing her lips lightly.

"Calm down little sister. Stop running around and breathe. We'll take care of everything when it is time. Focus on your Parabatai ceremony now."

She let out a deep breath then looked at her big brother. "I guess you're right. There's so much to do in such a small duration of time, especially with Simon's upcoming ceremonies and our engagement party. I'm just worried, I know he's strong, but, if something happens..." She trailed off, not wanting to think otherwise.

"Izzy, calm down. We all believe in him. He's stronger than he looks, I'm sure he'll make a great shadowhunter. And, please stop being a pain in my ass now."

"Hey!" She punched his chest playfully.

"Here you both are! Is it safe for me to come in?" A voice asked from the doorway.

"Really Magnus!?" Izzy asked, cocking her eyebrows at him.

"I can never predict with you, Isabelle. Especially not when you're running around like crazy."

"You can come in, Mags," Alec said with a chuckle, making her glare at both of them.

"Well, I've made changes to your dress just as Clary asked me to do and summoned the beauty products you've asked for." He said while walking towards the siblings.

"Thank you so much, Magnus. I think I should really get ready now." She said while rearranging the weapons correctly. "And you both are helping me with it." She beamed at them, making them shake their heads.

"Fine, Izzy! Now, come on." Alec said while dragging his sister out of the weapons room to her room.

*******************************