[6]

26th January 2015

***

Harry had been at the house almost every day since he'd first met Isabella, with less than two weeks before he was due to jet off to the other side of the world for two months for the bands next tour. My heart ached as the realisation that this was what life would be like sunk in, Harry would be here on day and then gone for months at a time. Of course, I understood that was his job and that there was nothing he could do about it, but I longed for security and routine for my daughter.

The first leg of the tour would be in Australia and Asia, meaning the time differences would be harsh and even the chances for Isabella to see Harry over facetime would be slim. 

But at least he'd be here when he could.

He had show so much commitment to his daughter so far, constantly texting for photos or updates when he wasn't at the house and for that I was grateful. It was little under a week before his birthday and he had asked if I could take Isabella to his house, he was having a small family dinner to celebrate and he wanted Isabella to be there. The thought of facing his family again made me nervous, I had no clue what he had told them about our breakup and I didn't even know what I'd say when I came face to face with them. Although, I couldn't exactly deny Harry the oppurtunity to have his daughter at his birthday dinner, or the opportunity for him to introduce her to his family. 

It was about 4pm when I heard a knock at the door, checking my phone to see who it was using the doorbell camera Harry had installed when we lived together. I took my lip inbetween my teeth when I realised it was Nora, I still hadn't spoken to her since that day in the cafe, not entirely sure how I could react to her going against my wishes like that. 

I decided quickly that I couldn't hold a grudge forever and let her in, telling her to kep the noise down due to just managing to get Isabella to sleep.

"Marnie I'm really sorry, I know it wasn't my place to get in touch with him I just knew he'd want to know." She took a breathe before continuing "I know I shouldn't have done it, it should've been your decision, I know you can't forgive me but please I hate not having my best friend with me every day." Her face smiled slightly at the last part and she looked at me expectedly.

"You're right, it wasn't your place...and I'm really fucking angry at you for it, but...I had to tell him sooner or later I know that, and I miss you too." I smiled slightly and held open my arms before pulling her into a hug.

I could hardly be mad at her when, currently, everything was going well regarding Harry. 

"I really am sorry Marn, I don't know what I was thinking." 

I held her a little tighter before pulling back and offering her a drink, which she took eagerly. We stood in the kitchen chatting about what she had been doing the past week, which ranged from the gossip at work to seeing David a couple of times. We eventually ended up squashed on the sofa in the lounge, with a programme I didn't know the name of playing on the TV. 

I had completely redecorated once Harry had left me, the sleek, stylish vibe exchanged for a more comfy, cosy one that suited me as opposed to us. 

"So. You told him? And he met her? How did that go?"

"Better than expected, actually" I put my mug down on the coffe table and leant back. "He was surprised at first, struggled to get his head around it which is understandable. But then he turned up a couple days ago to see Bella...and hes been here almost every day since. He actually invited us to his birthday dinner in a few days." I paused. "With his family."

Nora almost choked on her drink when I mentioned I'd be seeing Harry's family again. Her eyes were wide as she composed herself enough to speak.

"You're telling me you're seeing his family again in a few days? For his birthday? That's insane Marn, are you nervous?"