[8]

4th February 2015

***

The next days flew by far too quickly and before I had time to stop and take a breath, the day that Harry was flying over ten thousand miles away had arrived. For the past two weeks Harry had been at the house spending as much time with Isabella as he could; but I figured he'd have his hands full with packing and offered for us to go to his house instead.

The house looked like it had been ransacked, with clothes, bags, toiletries and just about everything else thrown into what I hoped was organised chaos. It was mid afternoon and only hours before Harry had to leave, and it looked like he had only just started.

"Harry! We're here!" I shouted into the house.

"I'm upstairs, come up!"

I found Harry stood in his bedroom surrounded by piles of folded clothes, shoes, toiletries and a large suitcase thrown onto the bed, empty. He caught my eye and his face broke into a grin as he came and took Isabella from my arms, bouncing her up and down when she began to whine slightly. In just two weeks she already had him wrapped around her tiny chubby fingers, I could already tell that she'd quickly learn how to get exactly what she wanted from him and the thought made me laugh.

"Er...all packed?" I asked, glacing around the mess of a room.

"Um - getting there, sorry about the mess I thought I'd be done by now." He apologised, scratching his head as he frowned at the mess.

"Don't apologise, two months is a long time to pack for...I go away for a week and end up paying a fortune for an overweight case!" I laugh, trying to lighten the mood slightly, Harry smiled at me before turning his attention back to Isabella who was hitting him on the shoulder with all her strength.

"I can't believe I'm having to leave her already, I wish I didn't have to go...Australia is so far - and two months is so long," His face fell as he spoke his words, he was clearly dreading leaving for the tour and I'd never seen him like this before; usually before he left he would be bouncing off the walls.

"I'm sure she's gutted you have to go too, but this had to happen sooner or later - its your job."

"I know but...just...what if she forgets me Marn? I've barely been in her life for two weeks and now she's not going to see me for two months," his words came out shaky and quiet, "she'll practically be a whole new baby by the time I get back in April."

"She's not going to forget you Harry, you can FaceTime her as much as you want and I'll send you pictures all the time...and then April will be here before you know it."

"You'll ring me if anything happens won't you?"

"Of course I will."

"No seriously," He placed his hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him, his eyes were glassy and his expression deadly serious. "I mean it, day or night, anything happens and I want to know...I've missed too much already I'm not missing anything else."

I nodded, promising that -regardless of the hour- I'd call him if anything happened, good or bad, no matter how big or small. I could see how much my promise meant to him by the desperation in his eyes, Isabella meant the absolute world to him and it was evident that the thought of leaving her for so long was breaking him. I could still read him like a book, even after all this time. He always wore his heart on his sleeve, except for when it was necessary to keep his emotions to himself; it was a quality I had always admired him for, I preferred to keep myself to myself than letting anyone and everyone in on my feelings. Sometimes that helped; a lot of the time it made it difficult to open up to anyone.