[51]

(There's a song embedded towards the end, if you enjoy that thing give it a listen! I listened to it while writing it!)

5th December 2015

***

I grinned widely as I looked out over the turquoise ocean that had been my view for the past week and a half with a hand shielding my eyes from the glare of the sun. Isabella sat on my knee with my other arm wrapped tightly around her bright life vest and Harry sat opposite the two of us. Sprays of water from the boat speeding through the water splashed up onto our warm skin, thankfully I was now more tanned than pink.

"Fsh!" Isabella yelled out over the noise of the boat, pointing her finger into the distance before whipping her head around to look back at me.

"Yeah! We're going to see the fishies soon!" I nodded in encouragement before dropping my hand from shielding my eyes and wrapping it around her small body, holding her closer despite her squirming to push my arms away.

The boat came to a stop shortly after, since we were the only ones on the small boat we got to practically decide what we wanted to do and when. The captain of the boat was a man that lived and worked on the island called Joseph and in the short time we'd spent with him he'd made us all smile from the stories he'd told that we couldn't quite figure out were true or not.

Just beyond where the boat had come to a stop was a brightly coloured reef beneath the crystal clear surface of the water. Even from here you could see fish swimming between the coral and I instinctively leant slightly further over the side of the boat to get a better look, while keeping a firm hold on Isabella.

"If you look just where my finger is pointing..." Joseph moved over to where we were sat on one side of the boat, pointing a finger towards the water, "Can you see that orange?"

I squinted, following his finger to the sea and looking intently to spot what he was pointing out. Eventually I saw it, a flash of orange in amongst the endless blue.

"That's Nemo!" I grinned once I spotted it, my cheeks instantly heating up in slight embarrassment that I just said that in front of this complete stranger.

I heard Harry chuckle from the other side of the boat, making me pull my eyes away from the fish and turn to face him, only to find him chuckling at my child-like words.

I nodded my head in gesture, asking him to come over to where we were which he smiled before pushing himself up with his hands on his thighs and sitting down on the cushioned chair next to me

I nodded my head in gesture, asking him to come over to where we were which he smiled before pushing himself up with his hands on his thighs and sitting down on the cushioned chair next to me. His hand found its way to my thigh quickly, tracing circles over the bare skin as we both listened to the information Joseph was offering about the reef and the fish that swam around us.

Isabella's face held a bright smile the entire time, her mind completely captivated by the movement in the water below. Streaks of white sun cream covered her little body from when she wouldn't let me rub the cream into the places that the blue and white striped swimsuit didn't cover, the last thing I wanted was her getting sun burn.