[39]

A/N: I'm actually writing this on August 12th, which is Isabella's birthday in this book! So, happy 6th birthday Isabella ☺️

2nd September 2015

***

"Alright, don't panic we'll figure this out."

"I can't go to the supermarket and buy a test...fuck, if I'm spotted there buying that...shit will hit the fan." I stressed, running my fingers through my hair in an attempt to calm my fast beating heart. "People know me and Harry are together now, the tabloids are interested in what I do...this can't get out Nor'...it'd just give another reason for bad press and more attention."

Nora watched me from the seat she'd now taken at the kitchen island with her vision fixed on me as I paced the kitchen floor.

How could I possibly have been so stupid?

Usually I was on point with my birth control, taking a pill at the same time every single day, but everything had been so up in the air and chaotic when we'd got to America; I may have forgotten to take a couple of days.

God, this was such a mess.

"Shit, what if it's positive...what if I'm pregnant?" I whispered the last part of the sentence, fearing that if I said it loud enough the universe would manifest it into truth.

Nora stood up from her seat and stopped me in my tracks by placing one hand on each of my shoulders and forcing me to look up at her. I felt sick to my stomach as I thought of the possibility, this was far too much for me to handle right now.

"I'll go to the shop and buy the test, don't get lost in your thoughts while I'm gone...everything will be alright, we figured it out once...we can do it again."

The time she was gone felt like an eternity. Despite only being gone for twenty minutes, it felt like that longest possible twenty minutes of my entire life, and I hadn't even taken the damn thing yet.

I'd already managed to convince myself of the worst. It would come back positive, Harry would leave me again and I'd be pregnant with a one year old before twenty-two.

My brain was running into overdrive, like that scene in SpongeBob where they're running around trying to find the answer to a question but inside it's like a complete breakdown, that's exactly how I felt.

Merely ten minutes after Nora had gotten back, stocked up with every test the shop sold because she "didn't know which to get so she just got them all", I was stood leaning over the bathroom sink ready to throw up the contents of my stomach.

My hands shook with nerves as I placed the test face down on the bathroom counter and stepped back. No matter how hard I tried my eyes remained fixed on the tiny plastic object that held the power to change everything. The situation felt all too familiar, despite everything being so different now.

"Marn? Are you done?" Nora called, knocking lightly from the other side of the bathroom door where I insisted she waited, I had to do this by myself.

I quickly turned the lock and opened the door to let Nora in, listening as she took a seat on the edge of the bathtub while she remained silent. Neither of us had any words to say, despite there being no tension between us, we both knew how much this could completely change anything.

Nora liked Harry, she always had. She'd always pushed me to tell him about Isabella when we were apart, insisting it was the right thing to do and that despite everything he'd done to me, for Isabella's sake if nothing else, he deserved to know about her existence. I'd never really listened to her, my baby, my choice, until she'd told him herself; at the time I was livid with her, but if she hadn't done that then things would definitely be a whole lot different to how they were now.