[26]

17th July 2015

My eyes scanned the clock on the kitchen wall for what felt like a hundredth time, although it still read just after eight. My laptop was propped open in the middle of the island as I waited for Harry to video chat after sound check. I understood sometimes these things ran over, but I also knew they were on a strict schedule that left barely an hour before he'd be whisked off to do something else that needed doing.

Isabella sat on the counter with both my hands either side of her in case she attempted to crawl off. She'd been crawling faster than I thought possible over the past few weeks, meaning I'd turn my back for one second and she'd be gone; which was a lot scarier than it looked considering she found it hilarious to hide from me.

The screen finally lit up and I accepted the call eagerly with the knowledge that the video call we had every day was very much time restricted and the only time in the day Isabella would be able to speak to Harry.

"There they are!" Harry's voice sounds through the speaker as his pixelated face filled the screen. I watched as Isabella frowned at the picture and listened to him speak before looking back at me in confusion, as if to ask if she could hear him, where was he. "Hey BabyBel, how's my little one doing."

I raised an eyebrow at the nickname he called her, my reaction going unnoticed as he continued to beam at his daughter. Isabella responded by babbling nonsense at him through the camera, while Harry continued to pretend he knew what she was saying and periodically responding as if the two of them were having a conversation.

Watching the two of them always made my heart ache for the day he'd be home again. Even if she couldn't speak, I could tell Isabella was confused about where he was and why she couldn't touch him.

"How was sound check?"

"It was good, we had a tech fault hence why I'm a bit late, sorted now though."

"Are you excited for the show?"

I seemed to ask this question almost every day. Somehow, I never got tired of the way his face lit up at my mention of his job.

"Yeah, I can't wait! Vancouver is always great! It should be good." His voice beamed as he spoke about the show. "Did you hear about Louis?"

I nodded briefly, the news that Louis was going to be a Dad had practically been impossible to miss the entire day, with every news outlet seeming to be covering the story even though there wasn't much information to cover.

"Yeah its great news! When is...she due?" I trailed off at the end, the name of the girl escaping me momentarily.

"Briana." He chuckled. I felt my cheeks heat up despite the fact that I had no legitimate reason to know her name yet. "She's due in January."

"That's so exciting!"

"And...it takes the heat off of us a bit."

I nodded in agreement. As awful as it was, Louis officially announcing a pregnancy would take the attention off of Harrys potential daughter. Ever since the photos had been published of Isabella, the media's attention had been noticeably heightened around me. It hadn't taken them long to make the connection between Harry and me, and subsequentially Isabella.

"Oh, we need to look at someone to watch Isabella when I go back to work too."

"You're going back to work?"

I sighed and internally cursed as I remembered that telling Harry about my return to work had completely slipped my mind and this wasn't a conversation I was prepared to have over the phone. His frown lines were prominent over his forehead as he waited for my reply although he'd leaned forward in his chair to see the phone he was holding better