[50]

28th November 2015

***

This place was paradise, there were no other ways to describe this little island resort other than absolute paradise. Every time you took another step it felt like you had to stop and just take it in, even the walk to one of the six restaurants at the resort took about three times as long because it was just so beautiful.

We'd spent yesterday severely jet lagged after a not-so-peaceful night's sleep thanks to the five-hour time difference between here and home. The day had been spent on the white sands of the beach in front of the villa, with the turquoise waves lapping at the shoreline and with drinks and food available at the drop of a hat.

I'd also managed to turn my shoulders a light shade of pink from the sun despite reapplying suncream about six times. I wasn't burnt enough to be in pain, but the photos definitely showed off the less-than-tanned colour.

"You're such a lucky bitch." Nora's voice echoed through the speakers of the phone as I collapsed onto the crisp white sheets of the huge bed in the master bedroom.

I'd given her a house tour of the entire villa, and the entire time she watched silently with her mouth slightly agape. I could see Harry with Isabella around the pool edge from the bed, the window was open and the slight breeze was barely blowing the white net curtains. I don't think either of them had stopped smiling from the second we landed here, to be honest I don't think I had either.

"Yeah, I am a lucky bitch," I chuckled as I propped myself up on one elbow to see the two of them in the pool properly

"Yeah, I am a lucky bitch," I chuckled as I propped myself up on one elbow to see the two of them in the pool properly. "Isabella's loving it...she loves the water."

"I think anyone would love the water when it looks like that Marn." She laughed slightly as she leaned back in her office chair. "Don't forget about poor old me in the London cold and rain while you three are sunning yourselves in paradise, will you?"

"I'll think of you as I'm drinking my cocktail from a fresh coconut, if you're lucky I'll even bring you back a fridge magnet."

"You do know how to treat me...anyway I better go, if my boss catches me on my phone during work again I think she might actually fire me."

"Jesus Christ Nor'..." I shook my head with a slight smile as she shrugged in response. "Alright, I'll speak to you soon."

"Send me all the pictures! Love you!"

"I will! Love you too!"

Her face disappeared from the screen and I locked my phone before sitting up again, I watched silently from the bed for a few minutes at Harry and Isabella playing in the pool. She had the life vest with whales on over her pink cherry-patterned swimsuit as she sat on the side with the pool toys we'd brought with us.

She was throwing the toys into the water one by one, pointing at them and demanding Harry get it for her with a giggle; each time Harry would make a dramatic face and pick the brightly coloured plastic toy up before putting it back on the side again. Isabella found it hilarious, and the game had been going on for at least ten minutes of her throwing them and him fetching them at her demand.