[35]

28th August 2015

***

The unspoken tension between Harry and I over the past two days had been almost unbearable. It felt as if we'd say one thing wrong and everything would go tumbling down to the ground in an instant, like a gust of wind against a house of cards.

Harry's confession of his feelings seemed to be on a constant loop, replaying over and over again in my head. He hadn't mentioned it since, which confirmed that he thought I was asleep and made everything a whole lot more complicated.

The previous day had been spent at the concert venue in Cleveland; the sheer number of people working for the tour had meant there was never a dull moment, and for that I was thankful. The show had been amazing, as always, I don't think I'd ever get over seeing the person I cared for so much up there doing what he loved and making so many people so happy.

We'd hopped straight onto a bus from the show to take the three hour trip to Detroit and passed the time with card games and with Inception playing on the TV in the background. Liam won most of the card games, which eventually came to an end when Niall and Louis decided he was cheating and refused to play anymore until he admitted it, which he didn't.

At some point I'd fallen asleep against Harry whilst watching the movie, the soothing movement of the bus proving too much for my drooping eyes. Isabella had been put to bed in the back of the bus just after we'd set off and we were both thankful that keeping her awake until after the concert had finished had meant she was out like a light.

The bus had pulled up into the hotel car park just past 3am and we all trudged off of the bus and into the hotel before practically collapsing into bed without so much as a goodnight to each other.

The alarm had sounded far too soon for any of us. Even Isabella was still asleep when the sound I'd already grown to hate over the past however many days echoed through the room, being met with a throaty groan from Harry.

"One fruit tea and one orange juice." Harry announced as he re-entered the bedroom ten minutes after the alarm had gone off, passing me the tea and Isabella the sippy cup filled with the juice. "God, I am exhausted."

I hummed in response and pushed his hair back off his face as he lay back in bed and closed his eyes in hopes of catching an extra five minutes sleep. His breathing remained slow and steady with his hair fanned over the pillow as I watched him; I think I could spend hours just watching him like that, the man looked like an angel. If I had known where the hell my phone was I'd have taken a picture, I swear the man was carved by god himself.

"It's raining." I stated, although at this point I was probably just talking to myself. We hadn't even had the energy to close the curtains when we'd fallen into bed earlier that morning, and the cityscape I could see beyond the window made me thankful for that despite the light beaming through the window so early. "Looks like it's not going to stop anytime soon."

We sat in silence for a few minutes more, with Isabella quite happy watching cartoons on the iPad and Harry enjoying the extra moments of sleep before we'd inevitably be dragged out of bed for the day.

"Okay so...we've got a couple TV interviews that we've got to do." Harry yawned once he'd eventually decided to wake up properly, pulling himself into a sitting position and lifting Isabella to sit on his legs. "You guys can come with us or stay here...it's your choice."

Sitting in a TV studio all day didn't exactly sound like the most fun idea, but it certainly sounded better than being stuck in a hotel room with a one year old all day.

"We'll come with you guys, if that's okay?"

He nodded silently with his eyes fixed on Isabella as she pulled herself to her feet on the bed with a cheesy grin, utterly thrilled with the achievement.