[32]

23rd August 2015

***

The sound of the door shutting harshly echoed through the hotel room, Harry's footsteps following close behind and getting louder as they approached me. I went to turn to face him but the sound of a small collection of photos hitting the table made me jump before I had the chance.

I was met with a concerned frown once I lifted my eyes to meet his face, not bothering to look over the photos first.

"Wha-"

"We weren't as alone as we thought." He sighed, moving his gaze to the photos and spreading them across the table before standing up straight again and brushing his hair back with his hand.

I put the banana I was feeding to Isabella down and wiped my hands on my jeans before taking a first look at the photos, Isabella watching the two of us intently with the fruit smeared across her face and hands.

There was five in total and as soon as my eyes spotted the bright yellow shorts, my heart sank. Two of the photos were of just me and Harry in the water, the back of my head and Harry laughing in one and the other of Harry just after he'd thrown me into the water and swam back to shore.

"Damn, we really can't catch a break." I sighed, shuffling through the photos and glancing at each of them briefly. "I didn't see anyone."

"Long distance lenses, Babe."

I nodded in response as I continued to look at the photos of us enjoying our day together as a family. The other three photos were taken when we were all back at shore, one of them more zoomed in on Harry holding Isabella while we ate. He was mid-sentence with a stupidly big smile on his face while Isabella laughed.

I know things were always going to happen, that it was natural with the nature of Harry's job, his life. That didn't make it any less upsetting whenever our privacy was invaded. Isabella leaned forward from where her seat was on the table and made a grab for the banana I'd set down now that her hands were empty, completely unaware that this was only the beginning of her life in the spotlight.

"Paul said they're going to up security on us, on you guys." Harry continued as I held two of the photos in my hand.

I didn't reply, instead letting out a sigh and a nod despite the fact that the last thing I wanted was more security following our every move. Yes, it was for the best and yes, they only had our best interest in mind but, it was another piece of our freedom being taken away again. The situation was all too familiar.

"How does she already fit into this shirt?"

I turned around from where I was now stood cleaning away the remnants of Isabella's breakfast to remind myself of the shirt I'd put Isabella on, nodding when I saw the letters reading "CAPE TOWN" across the front.

"I bought this big so she could grow into it." He muttered, holding onto her hands as she stood up. "You gotta stop growing, little legs."

"Dada, up!"

He smiled at her before bending down and sweeping her up into his arms with a giggle.

"Alright, someone's going to come and get us in five minutes to take us to the venue." Harry stated, reading a text message from his phone before meeting my eyes for confirmation I'd heard him.