[31]

22nd August 2015

***

"Marnie! Let's go!"

"Will, chill out...I'm coming!" I yelled, scanning the room for anything I may have left behind before lifting the suitcase onto the floor.

Will was stood with the front door open as I came down the stairs with Isabella on his hip eating a strawberry he'd given her. He raised an eyebrow at me which I shrugged off quickly as I grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl to make up for the lack of food I had consumed yet.

The bus Harry was on would be arriving within the hour and I'd promised him that we'd be there when they pulled up to the stadium complex. However, Isabella had refused to eat most of her breakfast and then had taken a nap at the complete wrong time and I felt like nothing was going the way it was supposed to. But, at least Harry would be with us soon; everything seems to go better when Harry is with us.

"Should we go and see Dada?" I asked Isabella as I double checked the straps of her car seat were securely fastened before climbing into the car myself.

Isabella chatted away to herself as we passed houses and trees that slowly turned into skyscrapers and sidewalks. I'd never been to Chicago despite planning on visiting often when Will and Sophia relocated over here, the city was beautiful.

I'd always been more of a countryside than a city person; the tall buildings and the busy streets just seemed too overwhelming for my head. Harry was a city person through and through; busy and usually full of energy. Sometimes, though, as the night settled and everything else happening in his day seemed to quieten down, you'd get to see him as a raw form of himself. He returned to Harry.

"Alright, so...have we got like special access to the backstage parking lot or something?" Will asked, pointing in the direction of the closed barrier that lead to the backstage of the stadium. "...Because that man does not look like someone I want to try and convince that my sister is dating Harry Styles and that my niece is his baby."

"Harry said they'd called ahead, we should be given access." I replied, recalling the conversation we'd had the previous night with a smile.

He nodded in reply, pulling the car forward and stopping at the barrier as a man in a security uniform stepped out of the booth asking for ID. We both handed over our forms of ID and watched as he disappeared back into the booth, presumably to check whether we were 'on the list'. Situations like this always made me feel as if I'd done something wrong; despite having a pretty much squeaky-clean record, something about being confronted by someone in a uniform always made my heart beat quicker and my hands to sweat.

The man eventually passed us back the ID and opened the barrier without so much as a smile and Will pulled into the car parking space before cutting off the engine.

"Do you know how long they'll be?"

"Should be any minute, he said they were fifteen minutes away twenty minutes ago." I replied, double checking the text I'd received from Harry not long ago.

I opened the door of the car and took Isabella from her car seat as she began to fuss from being in it for so long and sat her on my knee as we waited. The light breeze that was blowing took the major heat from the air which I was thankful for, I don't think me or Isabella could have coped without the breeze.

The big gates to the parking lot opened on the opposite side from where we'd driven in and my heartbeat quickened as three big black buses pulled up. We both quickly got out of the car and stood watching them park up. I couldn't help the grin from spreading across my face as I scanned the many people disembarking the various buses for the dark-haired man that meant the world to me.