[7]

1st Febraury 2015

***

The day of Harry's birthday I had spent worrying about the dinner at Harrys. I didn't know what to wear myself or how to dress Isabella, I felt so out of control and I hated it; Harry had told me next to nothing about the dinner, no dress code or anything. Nora had come round mid afternoon after I had phoned her in a fret about what I could possibly wear, I didn't want to look like I tried too hard, but I also didn't want to look like I didn't try at all.

"You're definitely overthinking this Marn." Nora stated, her fingers wrapped around Isabella's who was bouncing excitedly.

"I know! I just want to get it right, I can't turn up in jeans and a t-shirt if everyone else is wearing something fancy..." I whined, flicking through the clothes hung in my wardrobe for what felt like the hundredth time in the past hour.

"You could just text him..."

She was right, I could, but I didn't want him to think I was incapable of putting an outfit together. I mean, I clearly was, I couldn't even put my own outfit together, never mind Isabella's. Nora groaned and stood up, manoevering Isabella so she was propped up by pillows, she sat me down on the bed and faced the wardrobe. It didn't take her long before she'd pulled out a white, button up blouse and a pair of plain blue skinny jeans.

"There. Not too formal, but you also look like you've made an effort, hair down, we'll do your makeup, job done." She beamed, pleased with herself.

I agreed, too exhausted about the subject to protest, the sight of my wardrobe had begun to pain me to look at and I'd always been able to rely on Nora's outfits when she'd picked them previously.

Luckily, Isabella's outfit didn't take me nearly as long to pick, she always looked adorable in anything I dressed her in. I picked out a blue floral pattern dress with a white peter pan collar, figuring it would be more appropriate than a jumper and leggings; of course with it being February, she'd also be wearing tights and a jacket until we were safely in the warmth of Harry's house.

I checked the time and panicked, realising we were due to be at Harry's in less than an hour and a half, and it took half an hour to get there and I hadn't showered yet. I handed Isabella over to Nora and took the quickest shower of my life, deciding my hair would be fine with a bit of dry shampoo. I then applied my makeup as fast as I could whilst still ensuring I didn't look like a clown and running a curling wand through some strands of my hair that had dropped out from when I had curled it the day before. I was thankful Nora had agreed to come round as she took responsibility for dressing Isabella, who was not cooperating due to refusing to take her nap, while I concentrated on myself.

We may have left twenty minutes later than planned, but I had text Harry saying we may be a bit late and he had replied saying not to worry and that his family was running late anyway; and I decided that since I had managed to leave the house with matching socks and makeup on, it could be deemed a success. Harry had moved into a house roughly half an hour from mine, and thankfully Isabella had slept most of the way so the journey had been painless. By the time we pulled up at the house it was almost six, half an hour late, so not a total failure.

I watched as the front door opened and Harry appeared as I switched off the engine, waving before making his way over to the car and gesturing to Isabella, asking if it was okay for him to get her. I nodded, watching as he opened the car door and carefully unbuckled her car seat, doing his best so that she didn't wake up.

"How long has she been asleep?" His voice was hushed as I got out of the car and grabbed the baby bag from the passenger seat.

"Only since we left, she didn't take her afternoon nap so she's definitely super tired."