Chapter 7: Armor Up

Hey Guys! Before we get started I wanted to apologize for taking a long... long time to get this chapter out. I try to keep myself to a schedule and then life doesn't listen to it. Either way! With the upcoming release of The Last of Us Part 2 in a couple of days, I'm back to do whatever it takes to finish this story.

On a similar note, I preordered Part 2 a little while ago, so I am stoked. I can't wait to play it, and I'll probably spend a few days on the game alone. With that being said, that also means that I can write even more chapters when I'm done with my play through!

Once again, I'm really sorry, and I hope you accept this chapter as my apology. And be on the lookout for my newest story, whenever I drop it. Enjoy!

"Meaning that you could fix one up." Joel finished, his eyes never leaving Bill as they seemed to be testing each other. "Alright." Bill relented, throwing his machete to the side and flattening our a map. Everyone now gathered around. "If we're gonna do this, there's some gear I'm gonna need. It's on the other side of town." Bill directed, pointing to the spot on the map. "Now you help me go gather it, and maybe I can put together something that runs." Bill said, looking over at the group of three. "But after this, I owe ya nothing."

Chapter 7

Bill slammed down the keys onto the counter and walked past them, Joel using that chance to unlock the handcuffs on Ellie's hands. "The whole damn town is booby trapped, so you best stay on my ass." Bill declared, walking past Y/N, but not before handing him a medkit. "Can't miss it." Ellie muttered, causing Y/N to stifle a laugh as he applied bandages. "Knock it off." Joel hissed, grabbing Ellie and dragging her a little faster. Y/N pushed himself off the counter and followed after them.

"Whatever supplies you might want, or need, I suggest you grab them." Bill said, walking closer to the door they would walk out of. Joel went to grabbing some supplies to craft some more helpful items, Y/N went to scavenging any ammo he could find. There wasn't much, he only scrounged up a couple more pistol rounds- that he couldn't use. He silently cursed as he looked around more, coming up with nothing.

"Hey Y/N?" Ellie asked, speaking from right behind him, giving him a small scare. "What's up?" Y/N asked, slamming the drawer closed when he didn't find anything. He turned to see Ellie holding out his combat knife. "Here, I forgot to give this back." She said, and Y/N reached to take it. He looked at it for a second, then reached in his bag, pulling out a second knife. This one had initials carved in it, and the hilt was a deep red instead of black.

Y/N flipped over the black knife, handing it off to Ellie again. "It would be a lot better than that switchblade you're carrying around." He said simply, smiling as Ellie took it and looked at him gratefully. Little did they know, Joel was watching the whole scene with a small grin on his face. He let out a cough when they just stood there awkwardly, causing the two to jump and move over towards him.

"Y'all ready?" Bill asked as they approached the door, Joel gave him a nod. "Yeah, we're good." He replied, and Bill unlatched the door. They walked through, Joel closed it back up when Bill called out about it. "We have to cross the other building. Up the stairs. Let's move it!" Ellie scoffed, showing her clear distaste for the man. "Just, stay with me." Joel said in a low voice, moving up the stairs with the two following behind him. "Can't believe you agreed to this bullshit, Bill. What you should've done was just left them back there," Bill spoke to himself up front of the trio.

"He's definitely insane," Y/N proclaimed to the other two, looking skeptically at their guide. "You weren't kidding about him," Ellie spoke at the same time as the other teenager. "Yeah, he's one of a kind." Joel followed up as they moved into some apartments, taking part of the normal routine of gathering supplies. As they kept moving, Y/N and Ellie fell behind to talk to each other, leaving Joel and Bill up front. "So what kind of trouble are you in? And where the hell is Tess?" Bill now questioned him.