Chapter 16: Sniper

You guys may have noticed that these last couple of chapters have been a bit rushed, and I am really sorry to say that they are. Please hear me out before you give up on this story! I'm trying really hard to stick to the main story, and that's something I hope I've really nailed in, but I can't just recreate that and expect you to be entertained, because everyone reading this has (hopefully) seen or played the game. We know the story, we got to experience the wonderfully crafted world and masterpiece.

I love what The Last of Us did, and I know for a fact if I tried to drive it down a different road, I would fail spectacularly. That's why I haven't moved from this story, but that being said, I have to build Y/N into this. And I think I've done the best job I can, but these last couple chapters are really centered around Ellie and Joel, just as it did in the game. The problem with this, is that this sections is supposed to be full of hope, and Joel starting to realize there might be more than just being a survivor.

I love this in the game, but it doesn't work for Y/N. Don't get me wrong, I like how I can build his relationship between the three, but the aura just isn't right. Y/N, in all, is a broken character. While Ellie is supposed to be the hopeful light, and Joel is shown to be the hardened survivor that just wants to live, Y/N has fallen in the dark of this world. He's lost a lot, this world has taken so much from him, and throw so much at him, and he's just a teen.

Y/N wants so desperately to believe in people, but with his first encounter with the hunters (*Cough* next chapter *Cough*) he starts to see the dark in this world. The world forces this boy, who wants so much to help people, to become emotionless and ruthless. Then he meets this beacon of hope and survivor, and starts to realize that he can show more emotion, but at the same time he can't let go of what he's learned.

In that way, he tries so hard to connect with these two and be friendly so they can smile, while he shoulders as much as possible and becomes that hardened warrior this world has forced him to be, and I really hope that next chapter I can nail that down for you. So please bear with me through this semi rushed chapter, because after Chapter 17 I can really continue building up Y/N. Now! I'm really sorry this one went on so long, here's the chapter!

Post Edit: Sorry this one got out so late! Lately my connection has been really spotty and I have just now been able to actually upload! I really wish I could have told you guys before it happened, but it's impossible to tell when something like this would go. I hope you forgive me, and please enjoy!

There wasn't much time to say anything, because clickers came running out towards Ellie and Henry, forcing them to run. "Damnit, come on we'll meet up with them." Joel said, backing up to go through, when a sound stopped him. "Stalkers." Y/N answered, getting his gun out. "I hate these things." He said under his breath, looking around the room. "Just stay close... we're going to have to fight our way out."

Chapter 16

A gunshot rang out around them, followed by some screaming of the stalkers. Y/N pressed himself against a wall, breathing sort of heavy as he did. Fighting these things off we're not easy, especially with the unbelievable strength they had. Honestly, Y/N still couldn't believe these weak looking infected could almost beat him in a fist fight.

Joel and Sam were a bit away, they were taking cover themselves. Y/N had gone ahead to see if he could clear some out, leaving him here. Stuck in a small passageway with infected crawling about. "Oh man, I hate these things. Actually, I hate all infected." Y/N admitted, sighing softly as he peeked out. He caught a glimpse of a stalker rushing to cover a bit away, and pulled out a Molotov to throw it at them. The sound attracted several of them, while the fire took down multiple.