Chapter 18: The Dam

Hey Guys! I'm really sorry this story got out so late, but I have a good reason! I put this story off for a while because I just started another story called a Heroes Of Remnant! Now this story actually means a lot to me, and I explain it in the first chapter, but that's the reason in case you were wondering. I am sorry for this getting out late, but I do ask you go check that story out to see why! And if you don't want to, no worries! Just enjoy this chapter!

Henry was stuttering his brothers name as he turned the gun onto Joel, who stopped in his tracks. "Woah, easy." Joel said, trying to calm him. "This is your fault." Henry said, aiming up at his head. "This is nobody's fault, Henry." Joel tried to reason. "This is your fault!" Henry repeated, shouting now. "Henry! Henry don't-" Joel warned, seeing him shake. In one swift move, Henry turned the gun onto himself and pulled the trigger, making everyone jump back.

Chapter 18

Fall

"Jackson County, means we're close to Jackson City, right?" Ellie asked out as they approached a sign that was labeled 'Jackson County.' "Shouldn't be more than a few miles." Joel answered, walking up to stand by her as they looked at the sign. Y/N followed suit, standing behind the two. Like the other two, he was dressed in a new jacket to help keep the of the seasons out. "You ready to see dear old brother?" Ellie asked, looking over to Joel. "I'm just ready to get there."

"You nervous?" Ellie followed up with, looking up at the man. "I don't know what I'm feeling." Joel answered honestly, picking his pace up a bit more. Ellie slowed down slightly to be matched with Y/N, who was taking up the rear. "What about you?" Ellie asked, looking at her friend. "I just want some sleep." Y/N answered, making Ellie laugh slightly. "And I want a 3 Course Meal." 

The two caught up to Joel, only to see that he was looking at the blocked off road in front of them. "Well, so much for this road." Ellie stated. Y/N walked over and poked a loose rock, watching it tumble down. "If we fall, thats bye bye spine." He muttered softly, standing back up. "We'll just follow the river." Joel compromised. Looking over the side to see a path down. "It'll take us straight to Tommy's."

Joel hopped down onto an area below them, heading down towards the river with the teenagers following behind him. "What happened to you two?" Y/N asked as they headed down. "What do you mean?" Joel asked in response, trying to throw the question off. "You and Tommy," Ellie backed up, "you're not together, so clearly something went down." Joel sighed quietly, debating about whether or not to answer.

It wasn't until they went down another segment to get closer to the river that Joel decided to respond. "We just had a disagreement is all." Joel answered, still trying to drop the subject. Y/N looked over to Ellie to see a spark in her eyes. "Oh, here we go." Y/N muttered, looking away. "So, What was it about?" Ellie asked, trying to pry more information. "Tommy saw the world one way, I saw it the other."

"And that's why he joined the fireflies." Ellie put the pieces together, looking to Y/N, proud of her accomplishment. He gave her a thumbs up and a small smile at the fact. "Yeah, your friend Marlene promised him hope. That kept him busy for a while, but just like Tommy, he quit that too." Joel finished, giving up on dropping the subject now. They were continuing following the river still, keeping close to the water so they didn't lose their way.

"How was it? The last time you saw him?" Y/N now questioned, jumping into the conversation. "I believe his last words to me were; 'I don't ever want to see your goddamn face again.'" Joel said, remembering the event himself. "Jeez. He'll help us still, right?" Ellie asked, a sudden wave of nervousness washing over her as the idea set in. "I suppose we're going to find out." Joel answered her, unsure himself. "It doesn't matter. With or without his help, we'll get there." Y/N added in, his eyes never moving from the scenery nearby as they walked. "Let's just keep going."