Epilouge

"Let her go, Joel. You can't save her." Marlene spoke, a dangerous tone in her voice as she aimed down the sights. "Even if you get her out of here, then want? How long until she's torn to pieces by a pack of clickers? That is if she hasn't been raped or murdered first." Marlene spoke, keeping the gun on him. "That ain't for you to decide." Joel spoke in a low tone. "It's what she's want." The other had argued, and Joel felt a strike of pain. She was right, he needed that. "And you know it." Marlene said softly. "You can still do the right thing here." She spoke, raising her arms slowly and pointing her gun away. "She won't feel anything..." Then a gunshot rang out.

Epilogue

The car rattled on, Joel sat in the front, his eyes focused on the road ahead of him. He looked over to his right and saw the half-asleep form of Y/N resting, blood on his clothes and his gun hanging loosely from his hand. "Kiddo, are you alright?" Joel asked softly, looking over at him. "I'm fine." Y/N said shakily, and kept his eyes closed. "I didn't mean physically, son." Joel muttered, and Y/N felt his breath hitch for a moment. "I... I killed them Joel." He said softly, and Joel nodded his head. "I know... but you saved her." He said, nodding his head to the backseat.

Marlene looked down, he hands moving to the gunshot wound on her abdomen. Behind her, Y/N stood with his gun aimed, smoke freshly off the barrel. Joel had planned on taking the shot, but Y/N had done it first. "Let's go." Y/N said shakily, lowering his gun. Joel made his way to the car, checking it to make sure it can still run. Once he got that out of the way, he put Ellie into the backseat and turned. Marlene was still alive, crawling on the ground. "P... please, spare me..." she begged, and Joel looked to Y/N. He knew the boy couldn't do anymore. "You'd just come after her." He stated, raising his gun and firing.

"She can't know what happened, Y/N." Joel said, looking over to her. "I can't keep this from her." He whispered softly, but he already knew what had to be done. "You have to, for her sake. If she finds out what happens..." Joel didn't finish his sentence. Silence overtook the car for a minute. "Joel... did we... do the right thing?" Y/N asked, looking to his father figure. "Kiddo, in this world there isn't a right thing." Joel said quietly, looking over. "We survive, and that's all we can ask for." He finished, and Y/N gave a nod. In that moment, Y/N knew what he had become: A Survivor, like Joel. "I promise..."

"I won't tell her anything."

~~~

There we go! I know the ending wasn't the same as the last one, but we know how that goes. This is what I wanted to leave off with you, the character.

Thank you all so much for joining me on this journey, this book has been everything. I've loved every single moment of this, and I really hope you have too. I tried my best, I put every bit of effort I could into this book.

And this story, it wouldn't be possible without all of your support. I know how much I've said that, but it is the genuine, honest truth. With your support I found the strength to keep going through this and it was an amazing journey. I really hope you enjoyed this, and that may be the last time I say it.

Seriously, I hope this was everything you hoped for. I was able to grow from this, my writing became better and I made a story I am proud of. To all of you, one last time, Thank you, From your favorite author. Make sure you all look out for my next book, which will be over The Last of Us Part 2. But, welcome to the end.

For the last time in this book, I hope you all enjoy your day. See ya later.