Chapter eight

You got ready quickly and rushed out to the carriage that Levi was in.
"That was quick"

" I didn't want to keep my Heichou waiting!"

"Tch, just call me Levi, brat"

"Okay Leeevi" after ten minutes of talking about useless crap, you two reach your destination.
"There's something I want to show you that I haven't showed anyone in my life. But I think you'll understand."

"Okay" he leads you underground.
"Wow, it's so different"

"I grew up here. Believe it or not I used to be a thug, until Erwin came along and saw me a way that no one else has seen me before. He saw my potential. He didn't stop at anything until he recruited me. He won't stop at anything until your his. He is convincing."

"I won't go to him. His eyebrows aren't my type."

"Haha" he laughs a little. 'Omm, that's the first time I've ever heard him laugh! He has such a cute laugh!'

"Levi.."

"Mhmm"

"Did you just laugh?!"

"Tch no. What are you talking about I don't laugh.. I didn't laugh. Tch. Okay so maybe I did.." :3 you pull a face. He leads you a house. It looked and smelled like no one had lived here in decades. There was a hole in the roof, the walls were crumbling and it smelt like the dust hadn't been disturbed in centuries.
"What is this place?"

"My home"

*gasp*

"I used to be a poor kid, that lived alone in an abandoned house." He leads you up the stairs into a small room with the hole in the roof."this is where is slept every night. If I wasn't running and hiding from gangsters." You sit on his bed."tch, needs a clean"

"Just sit down next to me" he brushes the dust off the bed where he is about to sit down. You sit there for a few minutes with him, just embracing his warm touch on your cold (s/c) skin.
"Levi.?"

"Yes?"

"Did you have any parents or anyone to look after you?"

"The only thing I could remember about my parent were them abandoning me here and running off when I was four. They never looked back and I have never seen them since."

"Aww" you give him a long hug. Trying to mend his internal wounds. You feel his head lift up.

"It's okay though, they probably weren't fit for parenthood. I had to take care of myself. I don't know how I survived." You sit there, not sure how to reply. You were just about to say something when your stomach replies instead. With a deep IM HUNGRY FEED ME growl. "You hungry brat? It's lunch time"

"Yea, I'm starving!" You follow him back down the staircase and you head back above ground. The city near the underground looks eerie, like thugs and gangsters were lurking around every twist and bend. You feel two pairs of hands grab your shoulders. You reach out for Levi's hand, just brushing it and he looks back, to see two thugs trying to kidnap you. They both freeze gasping, knowing their little asses were gonna get kicked by Levi. They still tried walking away with you, when Levi walks up to one of them and uppercuts the first thug's jaw, knocking him out. The other one let go of me and pulled a small dagger out of his jacket. He goes to cut Levi's throat, just grazing his cheek. Levi side-sweeps the second guys legs, causing him to loose balance and hit his head on the concrete, knocking him out. You don't talk, you just walk up to Levi and hug him tightly, not letting him go. After a few minutes, you break the hug and look up at his face, bleeding ever so slightly from the knife.
"Are you okay Levi?"

"Tch, I'm fine. Just a scratch."

"I hope it gets better" you kiss his cheek where the scratch is. His face shows a slight tinge of pink to it, blushing.

"W-we should get out of here before anything else happens. We'll go farther away from the 'thug life street' and go find a cafe or somewhere to eat."

"Sounds great!" You say with a cheery smile plastered on your face.

You find a café, it's small but well kept clean and you can smell the aroma of fresh coffee and sweets. You sit at a table for two.
"What would you two like today?"

"I'll grab a caramel coffee with one sugar. He'll have a cup of black tea, no sugar."

"We'll have your orders to you as soon as possible!"

"Well well well! You know what tea I like! Tch are you a stalker?"

"Aha no, I had to make tea for you a few times and that is what you asked for. So I assumed you liked it!"

"Haha sure! I beleiiiiive you!"

"Hah" the waitress comes back with you order. "Thanks"

"This tea is alright. Not as good as your tea brat"

"Thanks." You pay for the drinks and head out to a carriage with Levi to get back to HQ.

"Thankyou for coming with me today brat" Levi never says thanks. This is new. He has been treating you more like a gentleman, sine Erwin wants to be with you and not Levi.

"It's okay! Thanks for inviting me." You give him a hug and a quick kiss and you go your separate ways, he goes to his office and you head back to your friends, who are probably wondering where you went.
"I need to get him. He is getting (y/n) when she is supposed to be mine! I need to eliminate all competition." You hear a whisper behind you, it sounded more like a hiss. You turn around quickly to see no one. You walk a little faster, to get away from the eerie voice. You feel a tap on your shoulder.

"(Y/n)! We've been looking for you everywhere!" It was just Eren, with the rest of your friends behind him.

"I was sorting out paper work with Levi." You say covering up what you were really doing. No one must know about him and you. It has to be even more hush-hush because of the strange character you heard talking to himself. 'Eliminate competition' kept playing in your mind, over and over again. You shake it off.
"We are having a party, later tonight because it's Valentine's Day, if you have forgotten" oh no! You forgot all about it! All your friends had each other as partners to go but you were a loner. As usual. 'Eren was going with Mikasa, Sasha with Connie, Armin with Annie and Jean with... Oh no. No no no NO! Jean wasn't going with anyone. Please don't ask me out!' You thought to yourself.
"Umm (y/n). I was wondering if you could go to the party with me, as my Valentine?" Jean said hesitantly.

"I-um.." You were cut off.

"She can't go with you, she's already going with me, brat" oh thank Maria. It was Levi.

"O-oh.." Jean said scared and disappointed at the same time. At that, Levi walked away, giving us his signature 'tch' as his only response.
"WHAAAAAA??" Mikasa and Sasha said in unison. "Why are you going with Levi?"

"U-uummm. I-i we are kinda-..... I don't know why I am going with him. He didn't have anyone to go with and Hanji made him." You say stuttering making up a lie on the spot.

"Hmmm..." They eyed you suspiciously.

~End of Chapter brought to you by mr.Clean cleaning products~