{Chapter nineteen} calling out your name.

The expedition was today, everyone in the scout regiment got up at the crack of dawn as per usual.

~Time skip to the gates~

"YAAHOOOO! I wonder what kind of titan we will capture today!"

"Hanji." Levi stares daggers into her, her expression quickly changed to excited to annoyed.

"Fine" she turned away from Levi and faced the gate.

"The gates are opening, ready your horses!" Erwin cried out.

The gates rise slowly, exposing at least three titans. All around the 15m class off in the distance.

"ONWAAAAAARDDD!!!" Erwin cries out, signalling for everyone to start.
You were in Levi squad, who had Eld, Oluo, Eren, Gunther, you and Levi. He hadn't gotten anyone else after Petra died.

The mission is to capture a crawler for Hanji. Oh what joy this will bring upon the Scouting Legion, not like anyone would die in the name of science today or anything.

Everyone set out beyond the walls and parted into their squads. You were next to Eren and behind Levi with Oluo, Eld and Gunther tagging along behind in the back row.

'Red flare oh no this can't be good'
"Levi Heichou! I'll fire the flare."
He nods in approval.
BANG. You fire the flare, letting others be aware to send the message to Erwin to change path. You watch the line of red flares to your right.

Green flare
Erwin had shot the flare diagonally right.
"Change path!" Everyone did as Levi ordered.
"Eren I have a bad feeling about this expedition."

"You'll be okay (y/n), you always are!" You nod your head in agreement and face the front once again.

You had reached the forest after about an hour. Already 78 casualties have appeared. 5 whole squads have been wiped out.

The weather was harsh. Snow was already falling on the third day of the expedition.

Levi squad was racing through the forest toward commander Erwin to review further orders. No one could see the flares 4 feet away due to the heavy snow.
By the time you got there, everyone else had already arrived there. Everyone was awaiting Commanders orders. Whether to abandon this mission or keep going.

"Attention". Erwin yells over top of everyone. Their talking slowly dies down.
"We have spotted a crawler South-East of here. At least 5 miles away. Those who wish to stay by my side and try to capture it stay here. Those who don't want to take the risk may leave. Mike will be leading the way back."

"Oh and be cautious. Hanji has said the snow storm will get ten times worse before it gets any better."
Erwin got up and left, leaving everybody confused and speechless. It wasn't usual for him to let people go home at will unless this was really bad.

"EREN!" Mikasa ran out of no where and grabbed Eren.

"Let go of me!" Eren yelled, not liking his overprotectiveness of his sister.

"Eren, listen to your sister okay?" He didn't say anything but you could see the fire in his eyes burn out and his body relax.
"Eren, just be safe and promise me you won't die" she said in her usual flat voice.

Eren unexpectedly agreed. Mikasa was happy and about to leave when all your friends popped up behind her.
"Sasha! I haven't seen you in forever!" You said while pulling her into a tight embrace.

"We all missed you (y/n), especially Jean"

"Whaa?! No I didn't!" A blush rose on his cheeks.

"Awww. You kept on worrying about her!"