Chapter twelve

You wake up early, to head out beyond the walls. This expedition is expected to go for at least three days.
*knock knock* "Hey (y/n)! It's Petra"
"Mhmm" you hum in recognition.

She bursts into your room. "It's our first mission beyond the wall and you aren't even up out of bed yet (y/n)!"
"It's too eaaarllyyyy" you whine

"We LEAVE in an hour! Get up get up get up!" She pokes you on the cheek. "Levi will be there"

"I'm up!" You say jumping out of bed and grabbing your uniform. She giggles at the sight of you rushing to get ready to see Levi.
"(y/n), what is it like to have Levi as your boyfriend? Does he treat you like he treats us?"

"No, he's surprisingly gentle and caring. But over protective."

"Wow. He's so, you know. Grumpy around everyone else."

"I believe he has lost someone important in his life. And he doesn't want anything like that to happen again."

"It's so sad" Petra started to shed a tear.
"Petra."

"Yea?"

"Promise me you'll be save beyond the walls today. Because I don't want to loose you."

"I promise I'll try best to stay alive"

"Okay! Now I need to get ready!" You say rushing off to the showers.

~time skip~
"READY YOUR HORSES!"
As the gates rise. You can already see at least three Titans in the distance.

"We'll set up camp at the second closest abandoned village" cried out Hanji. Everyone sets out beyond the wall. There were only five casualties on the way. You arrive safely and so do all your friends.
You set up camp in a small abandoned village, with the forest behind it. The building look like they have been destroyed by the weather and time. They smelt like rotting meat and dust.

"It's near night fall. Get ready for bed and put out any big fires." Hanji said. You lay your head down on the hard ground. Feeling your eyelids growing heavier and heavier.

"Hnamphha" you groan. you get woken up by someone shaking you. "Get up! They are coming! Get up get up get up get up!" Petra kept on trying to wake you up even when everyone had already left and gotten ready for the swarm of Titans heading towards camp.
You realise what is going on. You finally get up grabbing Petra's hand and start running. *boom* you look behind you to see an aberrant running and crashing into buildings, destroying the already perishing buildings. You and Petra use the 3Dmg gear to get up on top of a tree branch.
"That was too close Petra. You should have run off with out me! You could have gotten yourself killed!"

"I-I'm sorry (y/n), I couldn't bring myself to leave you. You are my best friend and the closest thing I have to family. My parents died recently. Their throats slit and all their valuables robbed from their house." She started to cry. Doing her best to fight back tears.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. And I'm sorry for yelling at you" you say softly. Pulling her into a soft hug. "I better kill the aberrant. You take out the 20m class over to our right."

"Okay, GO!" Petra kills the Titan perfectly. While you, are having trouble distracting the aberrant. It is covering it's eyes so you can't blind it. Leaving a small gap between its large, ugly fingers so it can just see. 'I have to cut off its hands at the wrist. Then blind it.' You think to yourself. "Oi Petra, mind cutting this ugly sack of meat up? It's hands are blocking me from blinding it"

"Sure thing captain!" She says with slight sarcasm at the word 'captain', which makes you laugh a bit.
In one clean slice, she chops the Titans hands off. You go to the Titans face.
"Sorry for this. But you deserve to die." You stab it's eyes, at the top. You dig your blades deeper, sliding them to the bottom of the Titans eyes. Making a big slit in its eyes, blinding it. You anchor your self on the closest tree. Jumping off of it doing a spin to its nape, cutting it perfectly. You land on the ground swiftly. And the Titan goes down with a 'thud' right behind you.

"I see you have learnt a new trick (y/n)" his voice sounds familiar. Stoic and cold.
*salute* "H-Heichou! I learnt it only from the best sir!" you say with a wink. You can't help but smile.

"Tch. Brat." He smirks. While poking your nose. You giggle.
"LEVIIII!!!" Your hear off in the distance.

"I better go. Duty calls" he basically flies away, using his 3Dmg gear.

"SQUEEE! You two are so cute together!"

"Wow Petra where'd you come from?!"

"Secrets." She said while tapping the side of her nose with her index finger.
"No actually I was behind that tree"

"Aha classic Petra"
After a long week of going further into the forest, slaying every titan in your path, the expedition is finally coming to an end. There were only about fifty deaths. Not many for the amount of Titans there were.
Everyone left was sitting around a small camp fire. As the only source of light apart from the full moon lurking above. All was peaceful and quiet. The smell of the campfire reminded you of when you were younger. With your family.

~Flashback~
"(Y/n)! We have the fire still on from cooking dinner. It's nice and warm still!"
Your mum calls out from the kitchen. You run from your room. Your tiny little feet feeling the cold hard floor.
"Mum!" You ran to your mum. Wrapping your arms around her. Oh how you longed to hug your mum again ever since she... she left you. For a Titan free life. Your little sister, your dad, your mum and you sit next of the small fire burning away. The smell of coal and ash linger in your nostrils. You could feel the warmth on your face.

~end of flashback~

'M-Maya.... MAYA-!' How could your forget! Your younger sister. Oh no... her town got smashed a month ago. Most likely her along with it. You break out in tears.
"(y/n), are you okay?"

"I'm not okay Petra. I forgot about my younger sister. She is most likely dead now! Where she was staying, their house would have gotten destroyed in the breach last month. She was old enough to join the trainees. I should of gone back for her. I promised her. I am the worst sister ever."

"(y/n). Don't say that. You were a great sister. I may not be your sister, but you feel like one. And you treat me like one. And you would make the most amazing sister ever. Dont let yourself believe that you aren't amazing."
You cry yourself to sleep next to Petra. She soon drifts off aswell.