Chapter thirteen

You wake up before sunrise. You get changed into your uniform and 3Dmg gear. You decide to go for a walk.
"Oi brat what do you think your doing up this early?!"

"U-uh I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep."

"Oh it's only you (y/n). Haven't seen you much in this expedition. I as starting to worry."

"There's no need to worry. I'll be fine."

"You are too reckless (y/n) you do need to be more safe. You are like Hanji. You talk to the Titans until they almost eat you."

"Aha yea.. Sorry Levi. I just like tormenting them." He leans closer to you. Lacing his fingers with yours.

"I don't want to loose you. I don't let my emotions show. Whenever I do the person I care about seems to leave me... I couldn't save Isabel or Farlan. My pride took control of me and I left them. I abandoned them. They died because of me." He started to tear up. Having a mental war with himself.

"I'm sorry Levi. I'll be safe. I promise."

~time skip~
You are riding through the forest. With Levi squad.
"Petra there's three on our right. One crawler on the left heading towards us."

"Get ready to stop your horses. They are too close to get away from." You stop your horse, instantly anchoring to a tree and swinging toward the crawler, and Petra and Eren heading towards the other three. They take them down with ease. You are above the crawler. The crawler attempts to climb the tree but fails.
"Trying to eat me are you? You should know better than to exist in this world. I'll try making this painless as possible."

You spiral down toward the crawler. Anchoring on its nape so when it tries bucking you off it can't. You slice its nape.
"Good kill (y/n)! Your first crawler!" Petra called out.

"Thankyou. Did it look cool?!"

"Yes! Amazing" she said lingering at 'amazing'.
You were still standing on the decaying crawler when you turn around to see a 5m class standing behind you.
"This is too easy."
You go to kill it when you feel yourself being pulled back. Another titan has gotten hold of your wire. Causing you to fly toward three more Titans.
"Damnit (y/n)!" Petra came hurtling toward the Titan that had got hold of your wire. Slicing it's hand off, causing you to be free from its grasp. Petra kills the Titan and sees you. Standing there staring at the three Titans that lay infront of you. You'd have to be as good as Levi to make it out of this alive.
"(Y/n)! Do something! Run!"
You try to run but one of the Titans picked you up by your cape.'oh no no no no no' your life flashes before your eyes.
~flashback~
"(y/n) come here!" You heard you name from around the corner.
You start to walk around the corner when you see Jean, Eren, Mikasa and Armin standing there. In Jean's right hand he holds a pie.
"Jean... what are you doing...?!" A big creepy grin spreads like wildfire across his face.
*splat*
*gasp*
"JEAN IM GONNA KILL YOU!" The pie had gone all over your face and your top. Before you could grab Jean, he had already run off with the others.
You sprint and finally catch up to him. Tripping him over for him to land on his face.
"Jean. It's time to pay the ultimate price." You say while sitting on his back. You wipe most of the pie from your face and smear it in his hair.
"My beautiful hair! What have you done!"
"You mean your mane, horse face." Eren exclaims. This makes everyone laugh before they stop. You turn around to see Levi standing over you.
"Sir!" You stand up and salute.
"(y/n), what's up with your face?"

"Jean mushed a pie on my face sir."

"I see." He pulls his finger out and wipes your cheek and sticks a piece of pie in his mouth.
"Apple pie. My favourite. And clean yourself up. Jean, one week cleaning the stables. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the other horses." With that everyone snickers and Levi walks away.
~end of flashback~

The Titan lowers you into its mouth. It starts closing its mouth on you. Someone flies into the Titans jaw and pushes you out. You hurtle toward the ground, stunned unable to move.
"(y/n)!" You hear a blood curdling scream. Petra had saved your life, and was now in the Titans mouth.
"Petra! Get out of there!" But it was too late. Everything seemed to have happened in slow motion. The Titan had closed its mouth. Half of Petra's body hanging out.

"DONT TAKE MY FRIEND AWAY FROM ME! IM GOING TO FÜCKING KILL YOU!"
you anchor to the Titans nape, slicing its nape and killing it.
"PETRA!" You sprint toward her motionless body. Everything around you seemed to go quiet.
"P-Petra.... Please don't go." You sit beside her. Blood rushing out of her limp body.
"(y/n)..." She groans

"No no NO. Petra stay with me..." You squeeze her hand tighter, not letting go.

"(y/n) leave me. You'll get killed." She says softly, just barely hearable.

"I'll n-never leave you. You are the c-closest thing I have to family l-left."

"(y/n) it's better me dying then both of us." With her last bit of strength she had left in her, she hugs you. Tears streaming down your face, you bend over her, hugging her, protecting her.

"Take this. My mum gave it to me before I joined the survey corps." She takes off a neckless she wore. It's light purple jewel shining in the sun. You take it out of her hands, putting it around your neck.

"See you around (y/n)."

"S-see y-you around p-Petra" You could see the light leave her eyes. Her body goes completely limp. You hold back the tears forming in your eyes again. "I'm sorry you died for me"

All the memories you had with her, flash in your mind. Her laugh, her smile, when she was angry or upset. When she pranked you and when she made a joke.

You take off her cape, folding it neatly and resting it on her stomach, folding her arms over ontop of it.
"Farewell, sister" you shed a tear and walk away.

*pop* you look up to see a red flare to signal that the expedition is over. Everyone starts gathering up the dead bodies and wrapping them up. Including Petra's.

~time skip riding back on the horses~

"(y/n), where's Petra?"

"Sasha... Petra is.. PETRA IS DEAD." She was taken by surprise.

"oh I'm so sorry (y/n)..." She trailed off and she tried to hold back tears but she couldn't hold back much longer.

~back at HQ~
You tell your friends the bad news about Petra. They couldn't believe it.
"Are you sure she's dead? I mean she can't be dead right?"

"Jean. I was h-holding her dying b-body o-okay? So she is definitely .... Gone."
That night, you were all silent, mourning the death of your close friend. It was getting late so you went of to bed and cried yourself to sleep, gripping her neckless tight in your hand.