28

It wasn't until an hour and a half into the drive that Jimin began to feel uncomfortable. He felt almost like pressure in his lower back. It wasn't a constant feeling either. The first time he felt it, it lasted only for a few seconds and it was gone and didn't return for another half hour when they had finally arrived at their destination. Twenty minutes after that one he felt it again but this time it was mildly painful.

He attempted to ignore the odd sensation as he toured around the college campus. At first, he didn't realize what it was but when the feeling continued repeatedly he finally came to the conclusion that they were in fact contractions. Yet he still didn't say anything.

They had driven such a long way and he was sure he was just having Braxton Hicks contractions so he walked around the tour not voicing a single peep about it to his best friend for the two hours they were there.

"This place is nice," Jungkook commented as he looking towards the campus one last time before entering the car.

Jimin hummed. It was a nice campus. In addition to that, no one stared at him with judgment making him feel a lot more comfortable. If he had walked around the way he had today at his school he was sure several slurs would be thrown his way. If he was really unlucky and ran into extreme people he could have even been harmed. It made this place feel safe to him which caused this school to be on the top of his list of potential moves. "I think I'll tell Yoongi to check it out too." He watched from the window as they drove away from the university.

"I'll probably apply too. The campus is amazing" they went on for another hour talking about what they liked about the school before moving on to any and every possible topic. The brunette still ignoring the mild contractions.

"She's literally is so-"

Jungkook was cut off when Jimin let out a loud gasp sitting upright. One hand went up to clutch the handle above the door the other went to his lower stomach. He clenched his eyes shut feeling a particularly strong contraction.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked taking quick glances at the boy.

"I-I," Jimin stuttered licking his lips. He reopened his eyes once it was over. He looked at the driver who suddenly seemed way more alert than he previously was. "I-I've been having contractions," he confessed.

"Jimin! For how long? You should have told me earlier. We would have left!" Jungkook's eyes resembling a goldfish bowl.

"I thought they were Braxton Hicks but," he sighed shifting in his seat. "I think my water just broke."

He didn't think the teen's eyes could get any wider than they were but Jimin was proven wrong. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," his eyes began to water and his voice quivered.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll get you home as quickly as I can, okay?" he attempted to reassure the male.

"I'm sorry I've ruined your seat." His voice was barely above a whisper as he slightly pulled himself up feeling below him. The seat was soaked.

Jungkook scoffed. "You're in labor and you're worried about my seats? Fuck the seat." The boy put on his blinkers as he went to exit the freeway.

"What are you doing?" the brunette rubbed his teary eyes.

"You're wet. I have a blanket in the trunk you can sit on and I'm going to stop by the store to get you a new pair of sweats. Is that okay or should I go back on the freeway?"

"Yeah, okay. Thank you."

Jungkook found the nearest store to the freeway exit. He left Jimin in the car while he ran to buy him bottoms.

"Yoongi," the brunette whispered. His voice trembled as he held the phone to his ear.

"What happened? Is something wrong?" The boy could hear the fear in the other's voice only causing his heart to begin to race.

"Don't freak out," he mumbled as he glanced out the window hoping Jungkook would pop up soon. "My water broke and I'm having contractions."

The line was silent for a while. Jimin had even pulled the phone away from his ear to make sure the teen hadn't hung up on him. "Hello?" He asked.

"Sorry. I think my brain stopped working for a second," he took a deep breath. He was freaking out but was trying his best to not let that be depicted in his voice. "Okay. I'll call my mom and dad. We'll have everything ready for when you get home. Are you far?"

"I don't k-know. Ow hold on I'm having a-" Jimin leaned forward panting as the pain coursed through his body.

"Deep breaths, babe," Yoongi instructed. "Breathe with me, okay? In" He took a deep audible breath. "Out," he blew out. He listened as Jimin did as said. They took deep breaths for the duration of the long painful contraction.

"It's over," Jimin whispered. His hands shaking. His heart pounding. "Yoongi I'm scared."

"It'll be okay. You'll be home soon. I'll be waiting for you. And just think of it this way by tomorrow we will have our daughter in our arms." The boy spoke gently.

"What if I'm a shitty parent? What if I mess up some way and she hates me?" Tears streamed down his face.

"Not possible. We are a team and as long we try our hardest they is no way we will mess up. Yeah, maybe he won't the world's best parents but we will be the best parents we possibly can. She'll love you. She already does."

Jimin was still crying as he felt her move around. She wasn't moving much but the tiny movement made his heart flutter. He closed his eyes imagining what her little face would look like. He pictured Yoongi holding her. He was terrified but he was ready for that to be a reality. "Okay," he murmured. "I'll be home in an hour."

"Okay, I'll be waiting," the grey-haired male paused for a moment. "I love you both."

Jimin's heart skipped a beat. "We love you too." He bit his lip restraining the smile that threatened to spread across his face. He hung up the phone placing it over his heart.

When Jungkook returned to the car he helped the boy out to spread a folded blanket over the wet fabric of the car seat as well as help the boy out of his soaked bottoms into the brand new pair.

"Fuck, not again!" Jimin cried out his hand gripping onto the middle console until his knuckles turned white. He leaned his head to the side his face scrunching up. "Pull over," he ordered.

"We're-"

"Pull over!" He shouted.

Jungkook flinched quickly moving to the side of the road. He hadn't pulled completely to as stop when the boy threw open the door. His lunch from the day emptying itself onto the street.

"Are you okay?" The taller asked once the door was shut. Jimin didn't say a word instead just nodded his head with his eyes closed.