Today is Not My Day

Peter POV

Today is already not my day, and it's only 5am.

How do I know?

Well considering the fact that I just woke up from a nightmare with shit sleep on a test day. Yeah, I would say life isn't liking me much right now.

Recalling the nightmare, I feel like I want to cry. My parents last words, Bens death, the fear of losing the one father figure I had left.

I take a deep breath and flash a smile to my self. Here's a tip, if you want people to believe it, smile with teeth. No matter how sad your eyes are people choose not to think that someone smile so widely could be sad.

I wipe my eyes and stand up. Walking over to my closet I grab out a science pun Tee and a pair of jeans.

'If I dress like everything is fine, then I'll have to keep it together,'

I hop in the shower, eat breakfast, stare at my text books and pretend like I'm studying, pretty standard for a morning like this. Soon I noticed it was time for me to leave. Grabbing my keys and metro pass, I walk out of the apartment complex and down to the subway. It was very uneventful, until  I realized I forgot my lunch money back at Mays apartment.

'I'm not feeling too hungry anyway,'

I smile brightly, scolding myself.

'It's just lunch money, your fine, don't be a baby,'

After 20 minutes, the subway pulled into my station. The walk into school was normal, each clique taking up different sections of the hallway. Still, I make it to my locker and my first and second hour classes without a hitch. I even got a 95 and a 98 on my online tests for those classes.

The first blow of the school day came in history.

"What did you get on your tests Ned?" I ask, I feel like my day turned around slightly, I was wrong.

"Ugh, I got a 75 and a 70," he complained banging his head against the desk.

"Oh really? I got a 95 and a 98. I didn't think they where that hard, but I did study for them and-,"

"We get it Peter, your super smart!" He snapped, we both froze.

"S-Shit Peter I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to, I just didn't get much sleep last night-"

"No no it's fine," I say, I give him a smile, trying to ignore the pang in my chest, "I get it, besides if anything it was kinda my fault,"

Ned looked like he wanted to speak, but then the teacher walked in. The rest of history went on without a hitch, Ned and I talked Star-Wars for the last five minutes of class. After we parted ways, everything else progressed smoothly.

Till lunch.

"God loser, your eating me outta house and home,"

I knew MJ wasn't serious, in fact we often joked like that. Today it just hit different.

"You know you love me MJ," I say, sending her a wink despite the heavy feeling  in my chest.

She rolled her eyes before diving into her book.

I choose to just eat my food.

The rest of my day went as well as it started until last hour. I had just sat down when a splash of water landed all over my $200 text book.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" It was Cindy, she ran to the paper towel dispenser and rushed back, her arms filled. After assuring her that it was fine and my text book would be ok, she went back to her seat, muttering apology's the whole way.