Universe 2: The Zombie Apocalypse

(Edited)

Just a heads up. I didn't base this chapter on any one zombie movie or TV show, it's more just a general thing, so there won't be any specific characters or events.

Maze clapped her hands and the Universe started.

The screen remained black before Midoriyas voice started narrating. The voice was definitely his, but there was something different about it. The emotion it was conveying wasn't right.

"It's been about a year and a half now." He said. "A year and a half since the infection started."

"What does that mean?" Ectoplasm asked.

"Well since this one's a little bit more complicated I'll give y'all an explanation." Maze said. "So basically, quirks aren't a thing in this universe, and/or it takes place pre-quirk era, either one. So one day this crazy virus brakes out of nowhere, spreading across the world really quickly and turning most of the worlds population into flesh eating zombies. Y'all know what zombies are don't you?" She looked around at the audience who all nodded or gave some other form of confirmation. "Okay well then you know what they're all about. Eating people, turning people into the living dead, shuffling around everywhere. The normal thing. Tons of people died and the world is basically on lockdown until the can figure out how to find a cure, but the government isn't really doing anything to stop it."

Many of the heroes clenched their fists, feeling angry that they couldn't do anything to stop all of those people from dying. The heroes in training felt the same way. They were also curious how things would change since quirks weren't a thing yet.

"I'm gonna warn you again, especially you Inko. This doesn't have a happy ending. It's dark and brutal, so now's your time to leave if you want to." Maze said. The short green haired woman looked up at her with a determined face.

"I'll watch it." Maze raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything more about it.

"Oh, and also Midoriyas a little different in this."

"Different?" Deku, who'd recently woken up along with Uraraka asked.

"Different." She repeated, turning away before he could say anything else.

"This sounds badass! Let's do it!" A certain blondie yelled.

"I sense darkness." Tokoyami muttered, and Ojiro nodded.

"I don't think this is going to be good."

"Lets continue!"

"It's been a living hell. The only thing you can do is try to survive, or off yourself and be spared a worse fate."

The audience cringed at that last sentence.

"Don't go down that path young Midoriya." All Might whispered

"I'd do it myself, if I wasn't such a damn coward. I guess I'm just clinging on to life. Can't say that for everyone else though." The screen finally lit up to show a close up of Midoriyas face. It was grimy and dirty from not having a chance to be washed in who knows how long. There were a few bruises and scrapes on his cheeks, making him look like he just got out of a fight. His eyes were hard and cold, the normal light gone from them, and he had frown permanently plastered on his lips.

"He looks like he's seen some shit." Sero commented, and most agreed.

"That look doesn't belong on Midoriyas face." Todoroki said. His eyes reminded him of his own before the sports festival. Uncaring and focused, but for a different reason.