16 | Mistakes & Apologies

I couldn't sleep after all that. This day was so insane it just kept my head spinning and my thoughts racing. Anthony spooned me to sleep and had me in his arms and I felt way more safe than being alone. Was really glad I wasn't alone when Lucas came.

I slowly drift to sleep within an hour around 5 AM, my eyes close shut. I couldn't keep them open any longer.

I still care about you. Lucas says in my dreams as I sleep.

I still care about you too. I just don't want to keep seeing you hurt like this Lucas.

My dream soon became a blur and the only thing I remembered was Lucas having my arms around me then me waking up crying.

"It was a mistake", I whisper, my voice cracking as I cry. I check the time on my phone and the sun was already up but I had only gotten three hours of sleep, it was 8:23 AM.

I run my fingers through my hair and sigh deeply "what the hell did I do", I mumble to myself.

I swear I wasn't drunk. I definitely wasn't drunk when I kissed him yesterday after he saw Aubrey. But am I completely over Lucas? Do I actually still care about him? God, I don't even know at this point.

Thoughts race through my head as I wash my face and brush my teeth. I dry my face and groan "I don't want to hurt him", I mumble.

"Sabrina?" I turn to see Anthony in the doorway of the bathroom. "Hurt who", he asks in confusion.

"He's my best friend", I begin crying again "I can't fucking live without him."

"I'm sorry. It was so rushed and impulsive. We obviously both made a mistake", Anthony looks down sadly at the floor.

"Hey, you'll never be a mistake but the time just wasn't right. Maybe in the future but I'm not over him", I say and lift Anthony's chin up.

"I just want you to be happy. I really hope there's just one guy that can treat you better Sabrina", Anthony says sadly.

I smile "I want you to be happy too. But we clearly can't be happy together if I still have feelings for my best friend. I'm so so sorry Anthony. I never wanted to hurt you, you've been hurt enough", I say.

"I hope he treats you better Sabrina."

"If you want to leave..you can. I'm really sorry Anthony. I really hope we can still be friends. I really need you in my life", my voice cracks and I start sobbing.

Anthony grabs my cheeks softly "of course we're still friends. I'll always be in your life. You're not gonna lose me Sabrina. Hopefully we never lose each other because I need you", he wipes my tears with his thumbs.

I sniff "thank you Anthony, for everything, really. You're so supportive. I really love you", I say and hug him tightly.

"I love you too Sabrina", he plays with my hair as we hug for a minute.

"Let's go make some breakfast. I am definitely not leaving you alone when you're like this", Anthony says then grabs his tie dye hoodie and puts it back on.

"I really hope you like the hoodie", I say as we walk downstairs and the dogs follow us.

"Of course I love it Sabrina. Thanks for tie dying it. It's really dope", Anthony says.

"I'll tie dye your whole closet if I could", I laugh.

"Oh I know", Anthony chuckles and opens the back door for the dogs to use the bathroom.

After I pick the dogs poop up I go inside and wash my hands then go back downstairs to see Anthony FaceTiming Chris.

"What's up Chris", I say and wave to the phone.