27 | Explaining

"Woah. Someone's looking like a bad bitch", Reyna says when she sees my tattoos and answers the door. We walk in "who's this?"

"Oh this is my best friend Skylar", I introduce her and Skylar waves then I hug Reyna. "Wait why are you here? Didn't you and Lucas break up?" Reyna asks. I nod "he wants to 'explain'", I roll my eyes.

"He's in his room", Bryce says. I jump into Bryce's arms and hug him "I missed you!" Bryce rubs my back as he's hugging me "missed you too Bri."

"Thanks for everything on Friday. I'm feeling a lot better but that's 'bout to change", I say glumly. "Stay with them. Don't wander", I look at Skylar then back at Bryce and Reyna "don't lose her."

Before I walk away Bryce pulls my arm and I look at him but he seemed surprised "you got a tattoo?!" Me and Skylar smile "we got four matching tattoos actually."

"That's dope", Bryce says once we show him the tattoos we got. "Okay I'm kinda in a rush so I'll talk to y'all later."

I rush upstairs realizing it's 3:12 PM and I had to leave soon. Once I walk into Lucas's room he's on his bed with an anxious face.

"Hey", I say and he notices me. He smiles excitedly "thank god", he says in relief. "I have to leave soon. Explain."

"That night when I came. I was supposed to bring another gang leader his brother, he doesn't know he's dead because he hasn't seen him in a year. He was gonna lay me to bring him but", Lucas pauses "I ordered someone to kill him in August."

My heart stops and I feel my stomach twist when he says that "wha-why would you kill him?" I couldn't believe what Lucas was telling me. "He killed one of my best friends in the gang", Lucas says and looks down at the ground sadly.

"What? When?" I had no idea about this gang thing till this week so I didn't know any of Lucas's friends in the gang. "He invaded a gang party I was throwing with some other guys and instead of shooting me, he missed and shot my best friend, Jackson, right in front of my eyes", I saw tears form In Lucas's eyes and I knew he wasn't lying. Lucas never cries like this, Jackson must've meant a lot to him.

"I-I'm so sorry Luke. I didn't know", I say solemnly and put my hand on Lucas's. "Thanks. It's not your fault. You didn't even know about the gang", Lucas says. I see a tear escape his eye and it hurt my heart to see him like that.

"Aww Lucas", I say softly and cup his face then wipe his tears with my thumbs "is that why he hurt you Friday night?" Lucas nods sadly and I sigh then sit on Lucas's lap, straddling him. Lucas looks up at me in surprise and I smile at him then rest my head on his shoulder. Lucas puts his arms around me and we hug in silence. I admire his beautiful smell and kiss his cheek.

"I understand why you couldn't tell me. The guy would've hurt you again right?" Lucas nods again and I sadly smile "it's gonna be okay Lucas." I kiss his lips surprising him but he deepens the kiss then slips his tongue into my mouth, out tongues fighting for dominance and him winning in the end.

"I missed you", Lucas says. "I was mad at you but you should've just told me", I say. "There's just some things I can't tell you so we both don't get hurt." I didn't like the sound of that but I stayed silent.

Lucas's face lights up when he sees my arms with the butterfly tattoo and 'you keep me safe' tattoo. "Woah, when did you get tattoos?" Lucas asks. I smile "I got matching tattoos with Skylar today."

Lucas looks at me in confusion "Skylar got a tattoo?! What did you do to her?!" Lucas was so surprised when I told him it was Skylar's idea. "You really do keep her wild", Lucas says when I show him the picture of Skylar's tattoo.