44 | Sisters

Sabrina's POV

"W-what? Really?" I ask Lucas in shock. He nods "I finally realized it's too dangerous. After what happened, I cried myself to sleep every night in the hospital and I'd have nightmares about how it was all my fault that Anthony's gone and I-," Lucas's voice cracks and his eyes fill with tears that he was trying to hold back.

I cup his cheeks and sadly smile "it's not your fault Lucas. You couldn't possibly know that would happen if you joined the gang", Lucas starts sobbing, making me cry uncontrollably "hey, hey", I say as hot tears stream down my cheeks "he's in a better place. He's safe now Lucas. He's not in pain. He loved all of us. Just be glad there's no more gangs. You did the right thing Luke."

"I-I know I did the right thing but I did the wrong thing telling Tony about the gang and letting him join. I was so stuck up and didn't realize that he could get hurt", Lucas let's out an uneasy breath.

I wipe his tears with my thumbs "it's gonna be okay." Lucas continues to sob then hyperventilates "I-he-I'm n-never gonna forgive m-myself", he stutters, his eyes red from crying.

I wipe my own tears and sigh "it's not your fault Lucas." I wrap my arms around his waist and he wraps his good arm around me while crying in my shoulder.

"Anthony just wants you to be happy Lucas", I couldn't stop crying. "I-I know but I feel like it was my fault", Lucas says. "Hey", I say sternly "listen to me. You couldn't prevent him from getting shot. You could've tried to block the way but a bullet is too fast. You simply couldn't do anything Lucas. It's not your fault."

"Thank you", Lucas voice cracks. I stop hugging him then wipe his tears away "I love you Lucas."

————————

"Sabrina!" I hear my sister's voice yell from downstairs as me and Lucas were doing face masks and watching Disney plus. I pause the movie and drag Lucas downstairs with me.

"Hey Sofie! I missed you", I smile and hug her "I missed you too little sis", she says and tightly hugs me. I admire her scent then we stop hugging. I hug her boyfriend, Marcus. "Hey. Wow you've changed a lot since I last saw you", Marcus says. I smile "people grow up ya know." Sofia and Marcus haven't seen me since I was 15 because they've been in school in California but had to leave to see my mom.

"Ooh, who's this?" Sofia asks. Lucas and I smile at each other "you probably don't remember him because he changed, a lot since middle school but this is Lucas, my best friend, now boyfriend", I smile happily and hug him.

"Woah what happen with your arm dude?" Marcus asks. Lucas looks at me sadly and I nod telling him to just say it "I uh..I got shot."

   Sofia and Marcus were shocked and surprised "how the hell did that happen?!" Sofia asks. "I was at a friends house and got shot", Lucas says, trying not to cry.

"Are your friends okay?!" Marcus asks. I look down at the floor and start quietly sobbing. Lucas heard me crying and put his arm around me "most of them, yeah but uh.." I hear Lucas's voice crack. Lucas never cries, but when it comes to Anthony, if he could, he'd take a bullet for him.

"Anthony got shot", I sob. Sofia and Marcus come to hug us "I'm so sorry guys. Is he okay?" Sofia asks. Lucas and I shake our heads no "h-he passed away", I sob even louder while hugging Sofia.

"I'm so sorry. I can't imagine why you guys are going through", Marcus says. "It's fine. We're okay. Anthony's in a better place. We're gonna be upstairs." Lucas says.

I run up to my room while crying then hear a knock "you okay princess?" Lucas asks and sits on the edge of my bed and puts his hand on my waist.

I nod "I'm fine, really. I just got emotional." Lucas sighs "I did too."

I hug Lucas "I love you so much. I don't want to lose you", I sob. Lucas rubs his hand on my back soothingly "I love you too princess." We take our face masks off then get ready for bed.

"Do you have any of my sweatpants?" Lucas asks. I giggle "you know I have three", I kiss his cheek. He rolls his eyes "one of these days when I don't have any of my clothes, I'm gonna know who took them."

I laugh and hug Lucas from behind "bed time", I yawn "I'm tired." Lucas smiles and turns around then kisses my head.

"Good night princess", Lucas says as we get under the covers.

I smile "good night."