56 | Holidays

"Okay, okay kids. You guys need to get home. It's late", my mom tells my friends and stops the music. My friends whine and give me a big hug.

"Don't be sad Bri. It breaks my heart", Skylar says making me smile. She kisses my forehead (yes, as best friends we do that) and puts her hand on my shoulder "you're gonna be okay babe. We all are."

"Thank you Sky", I say and hug her tighter. Once I hugged everyone and we wished everyone merry Christmas they all left around 11 PM.

"I'm exhausted", I say as I flop onto my bed. Sofia chuckles "get some sleep Bri." I nod and she leaves the room. As soon as I closed my eyes, I fell into slumber.

~Christmas Morning~

   I woke up at 9 AM to the smell of delicious eggs and pancakes. I was still in a cozy Christmas onesie that I was planning on wearing all day since it's Christmas so I didn't bother to change. I walked to my bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth.

"Ahhh! Merry Christmas guys! I love you guys to death and I really hope you like the presents!" Laura squeals as we're all on a Group FaceTime. I smile "thanks Laura. Merry Christmas loves. Hopefully we can see each other later today or we can spend the day tomorrow at one of our hours", I tell them. They all agree and we talk till I had to go eat breakfast.

"I'm so excited to see Tío Victor and Melanie! I miss them so much!" I squeal them stuff my face with pancakes.

"Yeah" my mom chuckles "tía Sarah and her kids are coming in an hour" my mom says looking at her phone. I was really excited to see Joshua and Juliana because we haven't seen each other since winter break started.

"Hola mis amores como estas", Aunt Sarah's asks when they walk in. I smile and hug them "I'm good Tía." I grab the bags and presents they had and Sofia helps me put them under the tree.

"When are Mel and Tío Victor getting here?" Juliana, my aunt's daughter, my cousin asks. "I don't know. Let's ask", I say and pull Julie to my mom.

"When are Melanie and Tío Victor gonna be here?" We ask excitedly.

"Their flight lands at noon so they'll be here soon", my mom says making me and Julie squeal.

   Juliana and I catch up in my room while I was braiding her hair. "It feels like it's been forever. I never see you at school", Julie pouts. I frown "I know, I know. My friends drag me everywhere", I giggle "you should go to the football games though. Lucas and my friend Chris are on the team and I cheer for every game", I tell Julie. "Yeah, I know. I'm not a going out type of girl, that's Josh's thing", Julie says. I scoff "you got to enjoy high school Julie! Yeah, you still have two more years left but it's gonna be the last day of senior year before you know it. Have fun!" I tell her "the week we go back to school, my close friend Chris is hosting a party that Friday, you should go. I usually only see Josh there", I try to convince her.

"Ehh..I don't know. High school parties scare the crap out of me", Julie says. I chuckle "come on. It'll be fun!" She shakes her head "I still don't know. I'll think about it."

"Melanie! Tío Victor!" Julie and I scream when we hear them downstairs. We practically sprint downstairs, almost falling and I jump in Melanie's arms.

"Oh my god! I miss you so freaking much Mel!" I squeal excitedly as she's spinning me around. I giggle and she puts me on the ground to look at me "I missed you toooo!" She squeals as she's holding both my hands. I hug my Tío Victor tightly before briefly catching up with him then rushing upstairs with Melanie and Juliana.

We spent an hour catching up together until my mom interrupted us to come and open presents. We ran downstairs and sat around the tree in our comfy pajamas.

"Merry Christmas everyone", Tía Sarah says as she hands one gift to each of us. My box was small and wrapped but I didn't care for how big it was.

"Open them", Aunt Sarah says and I excitedly open my gift. Once I took the wrapping off, it was a blue rectangular box. I open the box to see a rose gold locket.

"Aww Tía", I pout and she hugs me. I smile "what's in the locket?" She smiles back at me "open it to see." I open the heart shaped locket to see a picture of me and Aunt Sarah a year ago at the beach. It was us standing in the water. My mom has taken a great picture of us as we were laughing about a joke she made. It was a picture I always cherished and I had even put up on my wall when I got the picture printed.

"Tía! ¡Me encanta! Muchas gracias!" I squeal and hug Aunt Sarah once more. {"Aunt! I love it! Thank you so much!"}

I turn around facing my back to Aunt Sarah so she could put the necklace on. Once she puts it on, I move my hair back then kiss her check.

We opened the gifts from Uncle Victor and Melanie next. Melanie has got me something I've been dying for and I actually couldn't believe she got it. She got me a birthstone necklace. I remember telling her on FaceTime a couple months ago that I've always wanted a necklace with my birthstone on it. My birthstone was Sapphire. The necklace chain was gold with a blue sapphire attached to it with gold medal wrapping around it. I squeal and hug Melanie, thanking her for the necklace.

My Uncle Victor got me a huge teddy bear. He literally walked out the house telling me to wait for my gift then a minute later he came in with a huge teddy bear the size of me. It was big and brown and warm. I loved it.

Joshua got me The Weeknd merchandise which I was really happy about because I love that music artist. It was a black hoodie with 'XO' in white letter on the front and on the sleeves it said 'starboy' in white letters which is the name of my favorite album by The Weeknd.

Sofia got me a Sephora makeup palette that I've been dying for. My mom got me a painted canvas of me and her smiling. When I asked her where she got it, she told me Laura painted it for me. Now that's an amazing best friend.

"Wait! There's some more gifts!" Aunt Sarah says, stopping them from leaving. "They're all Sabrina's", Josh says. I smile "my friends got them for me."

"Who's it from?" Sofia asks. "My Friend Byron", I smile and open it. I literally scream at what I saw after I unrolled the poster in the box. It was a average sized poster of all of my friends, Byron, Chris, Brandon, Charlotte, Maddie, Lucas, Laura, Sky and me at my birthday party. My whole family was saying "aww" as I was about to cry. How was I so lucky to have such amazing friends?

I smile "I'm so grateful for all of you."