25 | Arguments

I wake up to someone carrying me up the stairs. I open my eyes and see Lucas carrying me to a room. I guess I had fell asleep while watching a movie with Olivia, Reyna and some other gang members, Andrew, Hudson, and Julian.

  I notice Lucas's face was beat up and my eyes immediately widen "what happen?"

"You fell asleep", Lucas says. I roll my eyes "not that." Lucas opens the door "how the hell did you get beat up?" I ask angrily.

"I'm okay Sabrina. It's just part of the job, when you half ass something there's consequences", Lucas says. His lip looked like it was bleeding earlier and he had a black eye and deep scratch by his eye.

"If that's part of the job I don't want you doing the job!" I yell at Lucas. He tried to calm me down "babe, I'm fine you're overreacting. It's nothing. I've faced more pain", Lucas says "now go to bed. I'm gonna shower and I'll be back to sleep with you."

"Fine", I sigh and he goes into the bedroom bathroom "Jesus Christ I'm gonna end up hating myself for letting him leave."

  A couple minutes later I hear a knock on my door, it was some of the gang members, Bryce and Alexa. "Come in", I say and sit up in bed. "Hey, we just wanted to check up on you. Today was probably really traumatic for you", Alexa says sweetly. I smile softly "thank you guys. I'm fine though, just got a few punches and a knife cut. I feel a lot better though. Your hospitality is amazing. I really love it here", I tell them.

"Woah, Cole cut you with a knife?!" Bryce asks. I nod and I see anger take over his face "when I see that asshole I'm gonna beat the fuck out of him!" I sigh and get up to hug Bryce "I'm okay Bryce, really. You don't need to do anything, it'll just cause more trouble."

"Why'd he even hurt you?" Alexa asks. I shrug "he just wanted to know where Lucas was but of course I wasn't going to tell him."

"Wait so you took all that pain just for Lucas?" Alexa asks. I smile and nod "I love him."

"Be careful, I'm telling you now. You're seriously a target to other gangs now", Bryce says. I get a little scared from how he said it but I nod "I'm willing to take the risk to be with him."

"Just be careful, please Sabrina. Don't leave by yourself. There's a reason why he really wants you here, he still has to be home but you need to be with us at all times so you don't get hurt", Alexa says sternly.

I nod understandingly "thanks for your help guys." Alexa and Bryce smile "no problem babe" Alexa says and hugs me. I tell them good night before they walk back out.

I was on my phone for a couple minutes until I rally started to worry about Lucas. I knock before walking into the bathroom "are you sure you're okay?" Lucas groans "I'm fine Sabrina."

"It doesn't look like your fine Lucas! I don't want to see you hurt!" I yell at Lucas as he showers. "Look can I just take a peaceful shower for once?!" Lucas asks. "Keeping secrets isn't how relationships fucking work Lucas", I say angrily "if you're going to keep secrets then fine but don't expect us to stay together." I walk out the bathroom angrily and feel tears form in my eyes. I flop onto the bed feeling like shit. A couple seconds later, Lucas comes out the bathroom with a towel around his waist. I try not to stare at his glowing abs.

"Babe please. If I tell you this stuff I'll get even more hurt. It's not that I don't want to tell you it's that I can't or bad things could happen to both of us. I'm doing this because I have to! It may not be something I love doing but my dad did this to me in the first place and I can't just leave the gang, there's rules", Lucas tells me.

I scoff "you really didn't have a choice but to lead? All this is doing is causing you trouble. You scared me when you told me you've killed people. I'm not okay with you fighting people but killing people because someone tells you to?! Really Lucas?! You don't even know if the person's guilty! You just do it because someone's gonna give you money!" I yell at Lucas and couldn't hold back the tears from my eyes.