chapter nine

Chapter Nine

I chose a blue and white, flower patterned dress for Lucas's party. I wanted to be comfortable and cute at the same time.  Sunscreen, a lip.oil and liner was all the make-up I had the energy for.

Jennifer was sporting a white flowing dress and Aurora had on jean shorts and a huge gray shirt. Her red hair was messy and danced around her shoulders.

I frowned and moved over to her, pushing my fingers into her hair in an attempt to tame it.

"Ugh, stop Kim. Stop!" Aurora said and tried to push away but that's when Jennifer began brushing at her hair as well.

"You should have let me braid this red mess!" Jennifer said, like an annoyed mother.

Aurora snatched the brush and threw it on the floor. "Cut it out you two. My hair's fine."

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. So unladylike." Jennifer muttered. Aurora casted a glare at her.

"We better leave the Little Mermaid alone before she has an aneurysm." I said, snickering to Jennifer. Aurora glared.

We gave up on trying to do something about Aurora's hair and instead went down to wait for Daniel. Thankfully, we'd managed to come up with a joint present for Lucas and Jennifer had it in her bag.

Unfortunately, it wasn't Daniel who picked us up, but his driver. That alone disappointed me because I was hoping to see him. The driver said Daniel was asked by Lucas to do something important so he couldn't make it.

No big deal, just as long as I get to see him at the party.

We arrived at Lucas's house. A white painted two story house with lush greenery adorning the sides and a large swimming pool in the back.

The pool party had just begun but the place was packed with people, some I had seen around school.

Most people were swimming in the large ultra modern pool, others lounged around in beach themed attire.

Bright lights decorated the wide backyard of Lucas's house. And there was food and coolers of drinks.

A breeze blew past, rustling my hair. I shivered, and looked up at the full moon. I took out my phone to take a picture.

When Lucas spotted us he came over and greeted us but I tuned out his words and pushed Aurora forward while my eyes scanned the place for Daniel.

And as if I had conjured him up he appeared, strolling towards us. When his eyes landed on me, he smiled. I smiled back rather meekly. He was wearing a loose white shirt and navy blue shorts. He looked um...what's the word? Oh, right... GORGEOUS!

My brain was on overdrive. I couldn't think straight.

"Hey Daniel." I said, bouncing on my toes.

"You look..." He signed.

I squinted at his fingers but I couldn't read the remaining word he'd formed.

Daniel pulled out his phone and typed then showed it to me.

Stunning.

A smile spread across my face. I swear whatever brain cells I had left melted away.

"Thank you." I said, swinging my arms. "You look nice as well."

Daniel took a step closer and I held my breath. He ran a hand through his hair while I stared back at him. You see, the butterflies began to flutter around, incessant things they were. My palms turned sweaty and I was on the verge of convulsing.