epilogue

Epilogue

One year, nine months later.

The NewsRoom, Viana's City Newspaper Article.

Notorious murder suspect finally apprehended after a year of being in hiding.

The alleged killer who goes by the name Aurora Davidson has finally been found and is said to face charges for the murder of Ella Owolabi and the attempted murder of Daniel Morales, the latter who was presumed dead but has finally come forward, giving reasons for his faking his death, citing his safety from the killer as one of them.

Aurora Davidson was found in Greece, where she presumably changed her identity and married Alex Giovanni, her accomplice in her felonious acts who has also been arrested.

Aurora Davidson is the daughter of Eleanor Davidson and Rizzo Morales. Many will still find it shocking to know that the alleged killer is indeed Rizzo's illegitimate child

Certified sources told The NewsRoom that an anonymous person working in Giovanni's circle had ratted him out to the police, claiming the one million dollars reward Rizzo Morales had set out for any information concerning Aurora.

Giovanni, a Las Vegas casino owner and business mogul, has been involved in drug trafficking and is set to face trial for his heinous crimes as well as being an accomplice and aid in the bombing of the Morales mansion a year ago. Aurora has been charged with first degree murder and...

Kimberly Alessandro stopped reading, taking a deep breath as she placed her phone on her bed, raking her hands through her neck length black hair.

The article came out three weeks ago and Kimberly still reads it everyday, waiting, wondering why Daniel hadn't contacted her after its release. Now that the whole world knew he was alive, he didn't need to hide anymore. And Aurora was well on her way to prison.

A bout of sadness tugged at her heart as it always did when she thought of Aurora. Her best friend. No, ex-best friend. They would've graduated from university together last year. But that hadn't been the case. At least now, Ella Owolabi would rest easy knowing her killer had been found. And Aurora would pay for all the pain and suffering she caused.

Kimberly hadn't spoken to Daniel in more than a year. He'd not called or contacted her ever since that day he left. That day at the park. The day she remembered all too well.

Why wasn't he reaching out? She thought, frustration clawing at her.

Had he found someone else wherever he was? Had he forgotten her? It had been a long, overbearing year without him but had he moved on?

Was he with some other girl right now? Maybe he never planned on coming back. Doubts swirled in her mind, eating at her, like ferocious ants.

She stood up from her bed, stretching her slender body languorously, looking around her studio apartment. Jennifer hadn't graduated with her because she still had some years to go before she finished medical school.

She went over to her bookshelf, scouring the titles. She'd started reading last year because Daniel loved to read and that way she felt connected to him. She dabbled in mostly fantasy and romance. She picked up one of her books, flipped it over to read the blurb when her phone rang.