chapter eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

"We're here." Daniel said as he parked his car in a parking spot at a luxurious restaurant and bar.

After we'd left the beach - with me stealing kisses from Daniel at every chance I got and watching Daniel surf - he'd told me he would pick me up by eight so we could go out together for my birthday.

So I dressed in a body hugging black satin dress that went up to the middle of my thighs, did my makeup and hair and waited. Oddly, Jennifer and Aurora weren't home which was weird. They both said they were working on something together, snickering as I talked to them on the phone. I knew they were up to something.

"Okay." I said simply as we both alighted from the car. Daniel took my hand as we approached the double doors of the huge restaurant, his other hand stuffed in his pants pocket, giving off the impression of composure as we strode.

We were ushered from the main restaurant and bar to a lounge area where Daniel proceeded to blindfold me. Yep, I was now being led through the lounge until I could feel cool air on my skin which meant we were outside once again and that's when Daniel took the blindfold off and I was able to see what he had planned for me.

"Surprise!" A chorus of voices yelled, stunning me. I took a step back, my hand flying to my chest as I spotted my friends; Aurora, Jennifer, Trina, Lucas, Miranda the aura reader, Harvey and Liz. I couldn't believe it. My excitement was boundless.

But the sight of my friends wasn't all that really surprised me. It was the sight of the car behind them, wrapped in pink ribbons.

"Wait, whose car is that!" I hissed in excitement, looking up at Daniel.

"It's yours silly." Aurora chirped as she came to hug me, wishing me a happy birthday. Soon everyone was hugging me while I was still trying to comprehend what was going on as I eyed the sleek gray colored Hyundai.

Did Daniel seriously just buy me a car? But...that's insane. Insanely expensive. And wild. And utterly mind-blowing!

"Do you like it?" He asked, his brown eyes scanning me studiously as everyone conversed around us, sipping on champagne that had been offered to them.

I let go of his hand to examine the car and God damn! The sleek gray body was state of the art, the interior magnificent. I was in love.

"Of course she likes it." Lucas said, smiling widely at me.

"I want to hear it from her." Daniel said, looking at me intently.

"I love it Daniel." I replied, smiling weakly because I really did.

Daniel cocked his head to the side and nodded then gestured for me to walk towards him. I fiddled with my fingers, feeling squeamish under his gaze as I moved to him.

He grabbed my waist with one firm hand and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. "Happy birthday Sapphire." Daniel murmured against me. I smiled, closing my eyes and reveling in the moment.

I stood there, the reality of what was really happening finally sinking in. Daniel just got me a car for my birthday. I was beyond surprised.

What is this? Is this like some alternate universe? Was I dreaming? Daniel really went all out for me on my birthday.

My life has been filled with surprising turns lately. First, I get together with Daniel and now this? This was insane.

We got back into the lounge after I was handed the keys to the car, solidifying what Daniel had gifted me. I found out as we took our seats in the large lounge filled with long tables and cushioned seats that Daniel had booked the whole place, hence why we were the only ones there.