limits

Y/N feels suffocated.

Harry had told her he was going to have a little get-together for the night with a few friends at their home, but it's more like a house party with 500+ people, and Y/N hardly knows anyone - which makes sense. She's a college student who Harry met one night while he was out and about in her hometown, and he thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. He sparked up a conversation, and their relationship went from there. It's been four years, Y/N now in her final semester of college (of her new university that she attends since moving in with Harry in London) and she was thrilled to spend the night with her darling Harry since it's Friday night and that's the only time she can unwind from the hectic week, but of course now she has to play host for Harry's little party but also try to avoid people whom she doesn't want to make a bad impression on (like when she spilled peach juice on Georgia Jagger's shirt. She wanted to crawl under a rock).

She grows tired of the blaring music and sweaty bodies dancing on the dance floor Harry had put in for the night and maneuvers her way to the kitchen to find a snack to nibble on. Opening the pantry her and Harry keep for sweets, she reaches for the second shelf that usually houses her Snickers bites, but with no such luck. She frowns, standing on her tip-toes to see them on the third shelf, which is much too high for her. On a mission for the chocolate and caramel snack, she hunts Harry down to ask if he can get it for her because she's not too comfortable with asking an A-list celebrity to reach for a fatty snack for her. She shifts her way to the deck outside, smiling when she sees Harry and going up to him to see him conversing with a woman Y/N's never seen before.

"Harry? Can you come inside for a minute?" She squeezes his shoulder.

"M'busy, baby. Later." He brushes her off, continuing his conversation with the strange woman about his plan for an upcoming photoshoot and Y/N notices his words slur a bit.

"How many of those have you had?" She points to the beer in his hand.

"Six or seven. S'no big deal", his body swaying.

"You should come inside, that-"

"He said later." The woman snaps, glaring at Y/N.

"I don't know who you are, but Harry's my boyfriend - not yours." Y/N glares back, grabbing the bottle from Harry's hand.

"Fuck off." He jerks his shoulder aggressively, causing Y/N to stumble backwards and fall onto the pavement, scraping both of her elbows enough to show a good amount of blood. She whimpers in pain, tears already brimming in her eyes as she cups one of her scrapes. Realization hits Harry, eyes widening as he places his beer down and scrambles to his knees beside her. "Baby, fuck, are you-"

"Don't." Y/N's voice cracks, standing up and holding her elbows to keep the blood from dripping onto the wood of the deck. She gives Harry a disgusted look before heading inside, more or less sprinting to her bedroom and shutting the door, locking it. She sniffles as she cleans herself up before putting on bandages, contemplating if she should unlock the door for Harry tonight but she thinks it's best he sleeps on the couch. His temper has gotten out of hand lately when he drinks, and she's had it up to here. He needs to learn it's not okay, even if it was sort of an accident what happened to her tonight. She cries a bit in bed as she replays it over and over in her mind, her thoughts getting louder as the house clears out and she hopes Harry's back doesn't hurt from sleeping on the couch (although he deserves an achy back right about now). She expects a knock at least once everyone's gone, so she can open the door and he can explain himself, but he doesn't. She cries a bit more, until she's drifting off to sleep.

///

When Y/N wakes up, she remembers all that happened and she makes a little whining noise from the hole widening in her chest. She crawls out of bed and walks downstairs to the kitchen, passing Harry's sleeping body on the couch and she has to refrain from running her fingers through his hair as she does every morning. Opening the fridge, she pulls out a carton of juice and drinks straight from it, not wanting to use a glass just to be added to the load of dishes she'll have to do today - along with cleaning up the mess everyone made last night. She huffs, taking another swig and almost spits it out as Harry makes an appearance, wearing only his boxers.

"Hi." His voice is soft and dry, Y/N loving how he sounds but she's still very upset with him. "How'd you sleep?" He keeps the conversion light, which Y/N is thankful for because she doesn't think she'd be able to discuss last night's catastrophe at nine in the morning.

"Fine." She places the juice carton on the counter and fiddles with her thumbs, feeling anxious. Harry steps closer to her, examining her right arm and frowns.

"I bruised you." He traces over the mark lightly, moving to her elbow and feeling the bandage. "I'm sorry." He sounds breathess, a tear rolling down the bridge of his nose and he sniffles. "You're such an angel - none of that should've happened last night. M'such a dick." Y/N pouts, sniffling as well as the waterworks start to flow through and Harry peppers kisses all along her bruise. She scratches her nails softly across his chest and stands on her tip-toes to kiss the corner of his mouth. Harry perks up, smiling a bit while still crying. "I don't deserve a kiss right now."

"I'm happy you're apologizing. That deserves a kiss." She kisses his cheek, feeling Harry's arms wrap around her back to pull her in for a hug. "But I'm still upset with you. Last night was not okay."

"I know." His voice breaks, looking down between their bodies so he doesn't have to make eye contact, she's sure. "I've never been that drunk before, and I know that's not an excuse, but something just came over me. And I shouldn't have told you to fuck off; that was so rude." He pouts, still looking down.

"It was rude. You hurt me emotionally and physically last night." Harry eyes flash up to Y/N's, full of worry and regret. "And I need to know you're not going to do that again."

"I won't!" He grabs her hand and places it over his heart. "I swear it. I love you so much."

Y/N closes her eyes before answering. "I love you, too. Please don't do that again." She cups his cheek with her free hand, feeling him lean into it and a few of his tears staining her palm.

"Never again." He kisses her fingers, one by one and Y/N feels the hole in her chest closing. "My baby, so precious", he kisses up her arm, brushing his lips across her bruise again and on her bandage, doing the same to the other. "Never gonna mark you again. My sweet girl."

Y/N knows there's more to discuss, but she saves that for later. Right now, she just wants to cuddle into Harry's chest and have him ease away the ache that developed in her chest last night.

///