vampire

Y/N hates rainy days.

Like today, it's been pouring non-stop and she honestly wouldn't have minded it if she could've stayed home but of course she had to go out and run a few errands. By the end of them, she was soaked and decided to do a load of laundry. As she entered the wash room in her apartment complex, she was greeted by a tall, lean, curly-haired boy... not wearing any clothes.

"Hey, there!", he stood clad in his boxers, only his boxers, and waves at her while measuring out some detergent into a cup with the other. Y/N drops her hamper (luckily her clothes remain inside) and tries to avert her eyes. "S'all right. Don't really mind, honestly." He gestures down to himself, "Thought I'd have the whole wash room to me self today; never seen anyone do laundry when it's pouring outside. But, I'll cover up if you'd like." His dimples pop out, turning around and reaching into a bag to pull out basketball shorts and a shirt, sliding both articles of clothing onto himself. He dumps the cup of detergent into the washer, sets it to his preferred settings, and picks up his bag. "Hopefully I'll see you 'round." He sticks his hand out for her to shake.

"You shake", she says dumbly, not being able to do anything besides stare into his pretty eyes that she hadn't noticed until now when he got closer to her.

"I shake", he rubs his thumb across her knuckles. "I didn't catch your name."

"Y/N."

"Well Y/N, I'm Harry. It's very nice to meet you." He leaves through the door, quite quickly Y/N thinks, and returns to the main lobby to take the elevator back to his room, she assumes. The whole time she does her laundry, she thinks of Harry. Something was so... different about him. After she puts her load in, she's about to leave but decides to stay. It smells surprisingly good in the wash room but not like detergent. It was a different scent, one of oak and pine cones and cinnamon. She thinks it may be Harry, but she wasn't close enough to smell him. However, she's sure Harry smells like that. Just fits him, she thinks. She leans her head against the wall and silently prays she'll see him again.

///

It's been a few days since Y/N has met Harry and honesty she thinks she'll cry if she doesn't see him again. She doesn't know why he's having this effect on her. No other boy or girl has, and he's barely spoken two words to her! Their interaction was nil, minuscule, and yet Y/N can't keep her mind off him. Which is why - despite the drizzling, cloudy weather - she is very happy to see him out and about at a frozen yogurt place three blocks away from their complex. She feels giddy, instinctively fixing her curls and making sure her eyebrow hairs are all in the same direction because they're quite long and like to do their own thing. He turns around at a perfect time, licking the cone he's gotten himself as she walks up to him and waves.

"Hi! It's me, Y/N."

"How could I forget meeting a right cutie like you in only my underwear?" Y/N feels her cheeks flame, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear and toeing at the floor. He takes another lick of his treat while waiting for her response.

"What flavor is that?" She more or less blurts it out, not really knowing what to say to something like that.

"Strawberry. I got it because it reminds me of... umm... well, strawberry!" He looks flustered (based on his facial expression. She didn't see a hint of any color in his cheeks) like he might've just told on himself in some way and uses his free hand to scratch the back of his neck.

Y/N looks at him with humor in her eyes, laughing a bit. "Okaaay... do you recommend it?"

"Oh, yes. S'very good. Try some." He leans the cone to her mouth, expecting her to take a lick. Her eyes widen, looking back and forth between him and the frozen yogurt. She weighs the pros and cons in her mind. Pros: she gets to taste Harry's frozen yogurt that he's been licking, which in turn means her tongue has been on something his has and it'd be like they kissed. Cons: he has some disease and she catches it and has to tell everyone she got it because she took a bite of a stranger's frozen yogurt. A cute stranger. Oh, what the hell. She slides her tongue between her lips, licking a bit of the cold dessert at the sides to get a taste. "You like that?" Y/N knows he was referring to the frozen yogurt, but her body still heats up a bit. She mentally slaps herself for letting those words have an effect on her, but really she can't blame herself because she hasn't been touched in close to six months and she's going through a dry spell. Nodding, she signals she likes the taste and goes to wipe the corner of her mouth, but Harry beats her to it, swiping his thumb across her cheek and a bit on her lips before bringing it up to his mouth and sucking on it. Y/N's breath hitches in her throat, gulping as she watches. His eyes never leave hers while doing so. "Well, bye! I'll see you 'round." He exits the store, leaving Y/N dumbfounded and a bit horny. Why was he so openly... open? He didn't seem the least bit shy and is always so forward with everything. It makes Y/N's head spin, so much so she doesn't even get any frozen yogurt, just leaves and goes back to her apartment to dwell on the thing that is Harry.