Depressed

Harry's P.O.V.

I reached into the bathroom cabinet and pulled out the transparent orange container and poured out two pills of Cymbalta onto my open hand. I placed the container on the bathroom counter and stared at my enervated reflection in the mirror.

My eyes had two prominent dark circles under them and I looked as though I was deprived of sleep for over a week. Y/N was coming to visit me today and it killed me to know she was going to see me like this. I looked like a complete train wreck and I couldn't make myself look any more presentable.

My depression was eating up at me and I had no control over it. I could barely sleep at night and it was hard for me to get out of bed in the morning, I'm surprised I even got up today. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hands and observed myself once more, hoping that maybe I would wash away the look of fatigue off my face. No luck.

Before I could even do anything more to try to make myself look like I wasn't depressed and like I wasn't being eaten up by my own mind, I saw Y/N standing in the door frame of the bathroom.

Her eyes were soft and she walked into the bathroom. I saw her eyes immediately lock with the bottle of pills. Her eyes scanned across the label and I knew she knew exactly what they were: antidepressants.

Without a word, she headed over to me and placed her hand on my stubble covered cheek. I hadn't had the strength to shave in days. She looked into my eyes and pressed a kiss to my temple.

I knew by the look she gave me she knew something was wrong. She wrapped her arms around my torso and I heard her mumble, "I love you Harry." Her voice cracked towards the end and I swear that was enough to make me collapse in her arms.

"I'm sorry I'm not strong enough for the both of us." I croaked out and hid my tear stained face on the top of her shoulder. She squeezed her arms tighter around my body and she shook her head.

"You're stronger than you know Harry. You're the strongest person I know." She said softly and she lifted her head away from my chest. Her eyes were clouded with tears and I locked eyes with her.

I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips and I could feel some of the pain leave me. I was bruised and damaged, but I had someone who was here for me and that's all I could have ever wanted.