23

APRIL 23, 2019

"Can you hear me?" Lalisa raspily asked as the FaceTime connected, Jeongguk's bare face appearing on the screen. Her own appearance, however, was dishivieled. It was 6:00 am in the morning, and she had just woken up early despite her body being exhausted just so she could FaceTime the guy.

She didn't know why, but she kind of missed him. Kind of. Well, friends do that.

"Can you hear me?" Jeongguk mocked on the other line, voice on a higher octave just to imitate her. "Good morning, darling."

"I do not sound like that." She protested, leaning on her elbows and her phone in hands. "Good morning to you, too, Junglebook."

He laughed, "But you do, Liz. How's Chicago?"

"It's quiet." She replied nonchalantly. "By the way, did you know, Willow Smith invited me to Kanye West's Sunday Service yesterday."

"Was she nice?" He asked, sitting down. "Did you meet Jaden?"

"Jaden and I are practically bestfriends." She said smugly while standing up, "And yes, Willow's a sweetheart."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "Oh, look," He stood up which made Lisa have a clear view of what he was wearing, "I'm wearing your hoodie. Tada."

"Hmmm," She pretended to think, "That's quite cute." Lisa shrugged and walked to the bathroom, finger combing her hair all the while, "That looks better on you than it did on me."

"Well, duh. Of course. It's me you're talking about." He scrunched his brows when he saw her in the bathroom. "What are you doing there?"

She carefully placed her phone in mirror, trying not to let it fall. "Um, I'm going to wash my face, obviously."

His face fell, "Oh. I thought you were going to have a shower and you were going to make me watch."

"Keep your nasty comments to yourself, Guk. It's 6 in the morning, for God's sake." She grabbed her toothbrush, put some toothpaste on it, and brushed her teeth - him watching her the entire time. "Have you eaten dinner?" She asked, almost incomprehensible because of the foam in her mouth.

"I really can't understand you, darling, but I'll try my best." His raised his brow, "You asked about me eating dinner? No, not yet. I was waiting for you."

Lisa stopped brushing for a moment to ask, "Why?" Then continued.

"I figured it would be sweet if you ate your breakfast and I eat my dinner together while we're doing FaceTime." He smiled, satisfied with himself, "I'm the sweetest boyfriend ever, right?"

She didn't reply, instead, she just spit the toothpaste out and gargled some water.

"What, you don't agree?"

Lisa snorted as she put the toothbrush back into the mirror and wet her face. "Keep on complimenting yourself, Jeon. Let's see where it gets you."

"It's true, anyway." Jeongguk watched as she applied a foaming cleanser to her face, "That's just your skin care?" He asked as if it was the most disgusting thing in the world.

"You sound as if I did something gross." She replied, rubbing circles in her cheeks, "And no. This isn't my skin care. I'm too lazy to do everything so I'll just slap on a face mask after."

The male was silent for a second, and then spoke again, "I'll be back, darling. Don't turn it off just yet." Then he disappeared from view.

Lisa shrugged and continued to do her work, washing her face with water and applying an Aloe Vera face mask after. She was just rubbing it in when Jeongguk came back.