35

Lalisa fidgeted in her seat as Jeongguk sped the car on the highways of Seoul.

Minutes after she'd read the text, she immediately woke him to get ready to go back to Seoul. He obliged, doing as best as he can to tidy up and move quickly. Their road trip was cut short as panic surged through her just because of one simple text.

"Why do you think they're summoning me?" She asked, bouncing her knees in anxiousness. As far as she knew, she had no schedules for the week and it was a mystery as to why she was summoned. For a CF, maybe? An urgent photoshoot?

Jeongguk shook his head from beside her, "I don't know, but I don't have a good feeling about this." She felt the same way.

Looking at him, she grabbed one of his hand and held it, "Guk, no matter what happens, we'll get through this, yeah?"

His mouth twitched, "Of course, darling. I know we will."

I hope we do.

▪️

Lisa gulped nervously as the CEO entered the office. The entire atmosphere just screamed bad news to her but she ignored it, thinking it was just her brain imagining things. In all honesty, she preferred their first meeting.

"Good morning, ma'am." She greeted, standing up beside Manager Jung. Unlike her, he seemed to know what she was here for and based on his expressionless face, it wasn't pretty.

"Morning, Miss Manoban." CEO Hwang replied, nodding to Manager Jung as a sign of acknowledgement. Secretary Gong, like always, stood at the corner with a small smile on her face.

Lisa sat down on the chair, hands together as she asked, "What's with the urgent summon, ma'am?"

As the CEO's eyes landed on her again, she felt chills rush down her spine. "First of all, Miss Manoban, I would like to apologise for this inconvenience. But I assure you, what we're going to talk about today is major and will have a huge impact in your career."

She was about to question what she meant when CEO Hwang placed two pictures at the table in front of her.

Lisa's blood chilled.

"Care to explain why you were in these photos?"

I am fucked.

▪️

Jeongguk panted as he ran from the elevator to the rooftop of Bamseom apartments. Lisa had texted him an hour ago to meet her here but she didn't give any clear explanation after relaying the message.

As soon as he opened to door to the rooftop, he saw her.

Lisa had her back facing him, arms crossed as she stared towards the view of Seoul and the Han River from above.

Walking towards his girlfriend - his real girlfriend now, he smiled to himself and wrapped his arms around her, making her look up at him and smile back, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Hey, darling," Jeongguk kissed her temple, "What are you doing up here? What's wrong?"

"Just thinking," She replied, shaking her head. After a moment peace and silence, she took a deep breath, "Guk, I have to tell you something."