30

JUNE 19, 2019

Last night's dinner made Jeongguk feel complete.

Complete in a sense that his hyungs approved of Lisa and her unnies approved of him. Not that they needed approval, anyway, because it was just a fake relationship - but still, it was nice to know that there were people who were supporting them. Somehow, that gave him hope. Hope for what?

After the dinner and more wine glasses, they've decided to head home to rest as Chaeyoung got a little drunk that she tried to sing an opera on the top of her lungs on the balcony. It was pretty understandable since she doesn't drink much and was a lightweight, but it didn't stop the fact that they all had a great laugh as Jennie and Jimin pried her off the railing.

After paying for the bill, each of them headed to their own vans, but not before Jeongguk kissed Lisa for the second time that night.

Oh, right. The kiss.

He had zero idea as to why he told her that he wanted to kiss her again. Maybe it was the alcohol? The scenario? The vibe? No idea. He didn't regret it one bit, though. Lalisa's lips were heavenly.

But that made him think. If they kissed, what did it mean for the both of them? Are they both feeling the same thing? Does she like him as he likes her?

Admittedly, he does like her. He has been feeling this way now ever since she kissed him in their dorm that night. It was confirmed when he couldn't sleep even if he only had a 3-hour nap that day. Jetlag usually knocks him off, yet it didn't that particular day, all because of Lisa and her wonderful, plump lips.

So, in conclusion he likes her more than a friend and more than he should.

But the problem here is, how does he let her know? He can't just simply blurt out, "I like you," in the middle of nowhere because that might surprise her. So he figured, why not take her out? He was missing her, anyway, they haven't been fully alone for months now except that time where he visited her In Newark.

That explains why they were in Myeongdeong Shopping District, standing in the middle of the street food stalls in their usual disguises.

"What do you wanna eat, darling?" Jeongguk asked through his mask. He was in his black outfit, from his cap to his shoes. He didn't have time to think about another outfit as he was rushing to pick Lisa up from her apartment.

"You." She replied, making his eyes widen, "You wish." She added, "I want to try that, though." She pointed to a nearby stall displaying the popular Korean cheese lobster.

"Shut it, Lali. I know you want me," He jokingly winked at her, to which she slapped his arm lightly, "Cheese lobster coming right up."

He returned a few minutes later, holding a box in each hand filled with cheese-covered lobster. He found Lalisa standing in front of another stall, eyes locked onto whatever the woman was cooking.

"What is that?" She asked as he stood beside her. His eyes turned to the woman, who was now pulling a potato down a barbecue stick.

"Ah," He mused, remembering what it was, "That's a tornado potato."

"Tornado potato?" She repeated with her brows scrunched, making her look more adorable than she already was. "Can we buy this one?"

"Sure." His hand went to his pocket to grab his wallet when she stopped him.

"It's on me, Guk." She held out her hand filled with cash to the woman and said, "Two please."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes, "I'm trying to be a gentleman here but you're just ruining my vibe."