25

MAY 10, 2019

Blinding camera flashes filled her vision.

After finishing their North American tour, Blackpink and the entire team went back to Korea as soon as possible to let the girls rest for a few days before heading to Amsterdam on the 16th. Meetings with the CEO would also be done to evaluate the girls' previous performance.

This wasn't what made Lalisa's stomach churn, though. It was because Jennie had wanted to talk to her as soon as they'd arrived in their dorm. For what? She doesn't know.

"Lis, come here." Jennie started as soon as they finally were able to settle. "I've got something to say."

Lisa came closer to the girl, sitting down on the couch in the living room. Jisoo was in the kitchen, fixing herself instant Laksa while Chaeyoung was in the bathroom, probably doing her business. It was only the both of them in there.

"What is it, unnie?" She asked, pretending she wasn't nervous. Even if she'd been with Jennie for years now, her face still intimidated her. Sure, she can be goofy at times but during serious times like this, no one really knew what was going on inside her mind.

"About this... thing going on between you and Jeongguk... I just... I feel like I need to say something." The girl fiddled with her hands, "As you know, I've been in the same situation as you before." Kai. She'd been with Kai. Lisa remembered.

"I know, unnie." That reveal of their relationship had caused a major dent in their reputation. The day after Dispatch had revealed the two were the Golden Disc Awards and the four of them had looked so unenthusiastic about everything - especially Jennie. More hate had come their way, more criticisms, more backlash, just because they didn't perform well. I mean, if someone revealed your relationship without permission you'd feel that, too. Jennie took everything to heart, hence the reason why she's changed. For better or for worse, Lisa didn't know.

"You know that after we've been revealed to the public," She chuckled harshly, "The fans started to turn on me. The hate worsened. They focused on me more than Kai, as if it was my fault that he fell in love with me in the first place."

Lisa was quiet. She wanted to let her talk.

"I didn't tell you this, but the CEO was furious at me. Furious for hiding such a scandal behind his back. He threatened me... telling me that if I don't break up with him, I'd be kicked out from Blackpink." She then finally looked at Lisa in the eyes as she said, "I don't want the same thing to happen to you."

She was at loss for words, "What do you mean?"

"You came here for your dreams, right?" She nodded, "Don't let one boy ruin it for you. Don't risk it for him."

"Unnie, he isn't... he isn't ruining anything."

"But he will if you don't let him go." Jennie took ahold of her hands, "Lis, you're my sister. I don't want you to get caught or get tangled with scandals. I love you with all my heart and I don't want the same thing to happen to you."

"I... I can't." She didn't know why, but she didn't want to end it with him so suddenly. It just feels wrong.

Jennie was silent for a moment. It wasn't until she asked, "You love him?"

Lisa didn't really have an answer for that, but she said, "Yes." She knew it wasn't true, but she had to say it, anyway.

The other girl sighed and closed her eyes. "I love you, Lis. I don't want to lose you, but I also respect your decision." She finally opened them to look at her, "Just don't make the same mistakes that I did."

That night, sleep didn't come easily.

The conversation with Jennie still lingered in her mind. Will Jeongguk be really able to ruin what she's worked so hard for?

Yes. Maybe? She doesn't know.

Besides, what she and Jeongguk had was just a deal - nothing more, nothing less. They were just friends. What they had between them now was to end in two months, in July.

Wait.

We've been together for almost two months now?

It was too fast.

Lisa didn't know why, but her heart suddenly ached as she realized that fact.

Only two more months left.

They were just friends, yet... why was she feeling like this? It was bizarre.

She's grown accustomed to the guy, though. He'd become as someone whom she could lean on. This wasn't what she expected at first, she thought they'd just throw insults at each other like the first time they communicated but he proved her wrong.

Lisa hoped that after all this, after all this fake relationship and what not, they'd still be able to be friends with each other.

At the thought of him, her hands hastily grabbed her phone from her bedside table as it dinged.

9:42 PM
JEONGGUK
good morning
darling

are you in
korea already?

She unknowingly smiled as she typed in her reply.

LALISA
good morning
junglebook

yea

i was about
to sleep lol

JEONGGUK
it's fine

you need that

sleep well :)

goodnight 💕

LALISA
goodnight 😊

Lalisa closed her phone and with a happy heart, she slept.