Introductory Note ✓

I couldn't tell you when the idea to create this book first sparked. No matter how hard I try to remember, there wasn't a single catalyst or incentive to start writing it. I think it was an amalgamation of thoughts and feelings and conclusions I drew from whatever I was reading, observing in real life, and being told by other people.

Instead of calling this an epic dramatic love story that will make you laugh and cry, I'll call it a slice of life, bittersweet, melancholic at times, a bit touchy and romantic. It's a story of people fearing the loss of loved ones, terrified of what's beyond their comfort zones. A story about falling out of love, and finding true love as well. It's about learning one's worth and value, and appreciating the time given to make changes however scary it may seem.

Helena Wren is not a teenager or young adult protagonist. She is typically older than any heroine I've written before. Set in her ways, maybe, but she has more to lose, reasons to always hesitate and track back, and a long record of selfless sacrifice for a sense of peace. Xavier, a man who thinks himself as selfish as could be, has a fixation with the only woman he loves and helping her see that she still has reasons to hope and fight and dare change. How will the the combination of the two work out? Hopefully that is what you'll find out reading this book- if you do wish to read it still.

The first full novel I had ever written and published on wattpad, When I Fall , I was much younger and so was my vision and my storytelling skills. I realized there were many edits I'd like to make to it before I let it see the light of day again, hence why I took it off the platform until I can make the changes I want.

This story however, is very dear to me. I like to think of it as a Novella since I'm not sure it is quite the length of a full Novel, but by the end of this writing process, it could be. Either way, I hope that the time and thought I had put into putting it out is apparent. 

I am by no means a prolific or great writer, if anything I've been writing for years and hoping to get better. I don't think assessing my own work is a very objective thing to do -it may be impossible even- since I'm always going to see the flaws and mistakes rather than the good things, and that is why in sharing my writing, however scary it is, I'm hoping to get feedback and critique (kindly please) that would help me improve and hone my writing skills.

That said, if you do continue on with reading this book, I hope you enjoy it to the fullest, that these characters or story may bring you even a little bit of enjoyment and entertainment. 

Peace x