Chapter 15 tools and weapons of the ancients

3rd person POV.

Y/n is currently hanging out in the occult research Club trying to get answers about what happened the other day.

Y/n: okay let's all talk about the big HK tank in the room what the hell happened yesterday? besides the obvious.

Rias: well the man you met yesterday was Riser Phenix the next head of the House of Phoenix and unfortunately he is my future husband.

Y/n: and according to the tone of your voice that's a bad thing.

Rias: very much so my family wants me to marry him to keep the bloodline pure and I don't care I want to marry the man I love not him.

Y/n: so what was that Grayfia lady talking about 10 days to prepare prepare for what?

Rias: we have to prepare for a rating game.

Y/n: what's a rating game?

Rias: a rating game is like a giant game of chess except instead of chess pieces we use our servants for combat the two competing teams battle each other and the first one defeat the other wins.

Y/n: so you're playing for your right to marry whomever you choose?

Rias: exactly so for the next 10 days we're going to head up to the mountains to train you are free to come with us if you choose.

Y/n: I can't I have to stay here and work on a project with my club.

Rias: that is acceptable and understandable I'll make sure that you have a seat to watch the rating game in 10 days.

Y/n: sounds good if you need me you know where to find me.

(Time skip 11 days later)

Y/n is currently in his room thinking about things he heard that Rias lost the rating game and he was absolutely livid he cared about her you didn't love her but he cared about her he had to do something but he didn't know what to do he couldn't focus he left the task of taking charge of the robotics Club the Josh because he couldn't focus and concentrate on his work so he decided to take the day off just think and clear his mind he's laying in his bed just thinking about what he should do that's when his thoughts were interrupted by a glow of silver light Y/n quickly grabbed his BFG 9000 and pointed it at the silver light the silver light vanished to reveal Grayfia Grayfia noticed she was staring down the barrel of a huge motherfuking gun she puts her arms up in a non-threatening manner.

Grayfia: it is all right Y/n L/n I come in peace.

Y/n: explain yourself fast my trigger finger is itchy.

Grayfia: I've come with an invite

Y/n: an invite to what?

Grayfia: to the engagement party of Rias Gremory and Riser Phenix.

Y/n: and now you've managed to Garner my attention.

Y/n lowers The BFG 9000 and puts it on the desk.

Y/n: so when and where is the engagement party?

Grayfia: tomorrow 7:00 in the Underworld at the gremory estate I will make sure you have proper transportation to get there you have been invited as the guest of honor so you will have nothing but the best.

A thought crossed Y/n's mind call this the stars aligning call it Destiny call it the will of God call it whatever you want but this was what Y/n was waiting for this was the opportunity wipe that stupid look off of Riser's face once and for all.

Y/n: consider me there

Grayfia: excellent I will alert my master immediately see you tomorrow Mr L/n.