Invitation

East Harlem, New York

"That's all you eat?" Amber slurred her words as she asked DJ who brought the wings into his condo.

"I love chicken." He shrugged his shoulders.

Lani watched him come into the kitchen where she was drinking two water bottles, trying to sober up. DJ was the most sober adult in the condo compared to how drunk Lani and Amber were. P and Sulan went out to get more food. They were high as hell and DJ didn't have snacks for them to munch on. He was a healthy man who had a bad habit of eating wings. Other than that, it's fruits, veggies, and everything organic throughout his kitchen.

He laughed at the look Lani gave to him. Lust.

"Wassup?" He asked laughing at her a lil.

"What's funny?" She finished one water bottle off, tossing it in the nearby garbage.

"You. Drunk ass."

"I'm not drunk." She lied.

He glanced at her and nodded his head sarcastically. "Riiiight."

"Whatever." Lani scoffed.

She found herself watching him as he made their plates. He took Amber hers and came back into the kitchen. He pushed Lani's closer to her and began to eat his.

"Thankyou."

"Mhm." He mumbled, too into his food.

"You live here by yourself?"

"Yea." He said wiping his hands off with a napkin.

"Hm. Boring."

He chuckled at her bluntness. "Not really. I like bein' alone."

"Really? I couldn't tell. You always out."

"You too." He responded instantly.

"I have a child to feed, ian got no choice." She retorted.

"Well I got bills, and they don't stop rollin'." He tilted his head to the side.

"Touché." She smirked.

Watching him drink from his water bottle, Lani starred again. It's like she was fascinated with every little thing he did and didn't know why. Maybe because after all these years, he was the only person who was close to looking like something. So now that she's drunk, she couldn't help herself.

DJ didn't mind. He wanted her from the moment he seen her in the club. Obviously to smash because that's all he ever wants from women.

Breaking from the starting contest they shared, Lani threw her food away and went to wash her hands in the sink.

"Where your bathroom?" She asked.

"Down the hall to your left." He nodded his head to the hallway.

"Okay." Lani walked off to go use the bathroom while DJ still ate more food.