You Could've Just Said That

Dj

"Nigga a dad now

"Nigga a dad now." Lamar laughed, passing the blunt to Dj on the left of him. He too would be joining Dj on tour in less than a month and slid through to congratulate him on the baby and to smoke.

"Psh," Dj blew out a breath, "man this shit still feel unreal."

"You getting the hang of the shit?"

Dj rubbed his hands over his head, scratching it. He needed a cut bad. "I mean I been like a dad to Jers. I treat her like my own but having Kairi opened my eyes way more. The shit wild my nigga." Dj dramatically widened his eyes.

Lamar chuckled taking the blunt back. "Yea nigga who you telling. It's different when it's your seed na'mean?" Dj nodded. "Make a nigga wanna blow the world up whenever his lil ass cry. Whole time he just sittin' in his own shit."

"Man word. Then Kairi already look like me. Like already bro. You see Lani nowhere. I know she hate that shit." He laughed.

"I bet she do cause I do, hell." Lamar and Remi's baby boy had little to no features of Lamar. Only his smile. The rest was all Remi. He couldn't stand it.

"Man, I just know with me being gone for like three or four  months, imma miss all Kairi shit big."

"Aw damn. It was too late to push it back or take a week off before?"

Dj shook his head, growing irritated at the thought of his record label making it known that it was imperative for him to do the tour right at the time they scheduled it. Business wise, he understood. But with having a newborn baby now, he hated it. He would just hope to get it over with so he can come back home to his girls.

Mid conversation, Dj and Lamar snapped their heads up at the hallway as they heard the locks being turned.

"Dj!" Lani yelled causing Dj to hop up front his seat.

"Wassup?" He walked towards her. She held a covered Kairi in her hands. You could see her trying to hold her head up under the blanket. She had been doing that a lot lately and Lani cried every-time she caught it. Her baby was growing up too fast.

"Get her carseat from the car please."  Dj took her keys and headed outside.

"Hey Lamar." Lani greeted him as she went through the living room to get to the kitchen.

"Wassup Lan? How you doing?"

"I'm good and you?"

"Straight straight. Got y'all a lil gift for babygirl. Congratulations." He pointed to the playpin box over the island.

"Oh thankyou Lamar." Lani hugged him. "Tell Remi we need to get out with the babies soon."

"Fasho, imma head out. Be safe sis."