Past Memories

The Bronx, New York

"Bag that up." He tossed the large back of weed over to Amber.

"Aye i'm finna head out." June said putting his gun in his waistband.

"Where with a gun daddy?" Amber asked.

"Mind ya business. Armani should be bringing sum by hea' fa me." I nodded my head and Amber's head shot up as he left out.

I had to stop by this morning to help Amber slow ass but she seemed to be doing fine by herself. Sulan left with P to Jamaica last night and I had Jersi so poor Amber was all alone. I figured that's why she called me ova here anyway, she was just a lil lonely.

"I wonder if Armani got finer." She mumbled.

"Girl." I scoffed.

Armani was the neighborhood dumbass back in the day. He was cool people. He and Coop were the best of friends. You never seen P, Coop, or Armani if they weren't all together. He and Amber were the perfect match too. They went together throughout all of high school but broke up when he got someone else pregnant.

"Whattt? I've always wondered that."

I looked over at her to see if she was serious, and she was dead ass. "You miss him?"

She tossed the thought around in her head, i'm guessing because she didn't have a fast answer like always. It's nothing wrong with missing someone you were once in love with. Things happen.

"Sometimes. Kilo even broke up with me because he could tell that I still missed him. I can't help it tho Lan." She sighed, dwindling with her finger nails.

"And it's nothin wrong with that Amber. To be fair, y'all never did talk about it."

"What am I gonna say to someone who had a baby on me Lani?"

"Trust me of all people, I feel you. I understand it isn't easy to actually talk about, so I get why you don't want to do it but maybe you feelin like this because you never did get that closure."

Yes, Coop got someone else pregnant before he died. An old friend of mine actually, Melissa.

I had no clue until she showed up in the emergency room 6 months pregnant. Coop and I were going through things, but what couple doesn't? There was still no reason why he should've cheated on me. And for her to feel comfortable enough to walk in his room while he's dying, making me feel extremely uncomfortable. It was all too much. Coop died on bad terms with me. I will always remember that.