The Checkup

DJ
𝚘𝚌𝚝. 𝟷𝟶, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾

"You almost done lil girl? We gotta go."

"If I hurry I might choke Davy." Jersi turned her head at him in the hallway. He shook his head and walked back into his room to finish getting ready.

All he had to do was put on a shirt over his wifebeater and put his shoes on.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, what you doing?" Kiara cheesed over factime.

"Getting dressed about to go with my babymoms. Why wassup?" He looked at her background looking like she was in her car.

"Oh that was today?"

"Yeah. What you here or something?"

"Yeah, I brought breakfast."

DJ sighed. "I got my baby with me, you know Lani and how she is."

Kiara rolled her eyes. "I don't know her like that to know anything."

"But you know she'll beat yo ass and mine if you come in here while Jersi here." He said spraying on cologne.

"So what imma do?"

"You can come in when I leave. Use the key I gave you. I shouldn't be gon long."

She groaned nodding her head. "Okay."

And she hung up dead in DJ face. He hated that.

"The fuck wrong wit ha." He grabbed his phone walking out the room.

Jersi still sat eating her apples. She had finished her oatmeal by now.

"Jersi come on girl. Ion wanna get cussed out."

She took her eyes away from the cartoons DJ put on for her. "What's that?"

"It mean be in trouble with mommy

"It mean be in trouble with mommy. Come on."

• • •

"Took y'all long enough." Lani slammed the door.

"Jersi was eating chill out." DJ said backing out of her driveway. Lani looked in the backseat at Jersi who was dozing off a little but kept opening her eyes, fighting her sleep.

"Hey baby. You look so pretty." Lani smiled at Jersi. Jersi small smiled back with her eyes closed making Lani laugh.

"You ate something?" DJ questioned looking over at Lani?

"A pear. I'll eat after the doctors."

DJ turned his head. "Who said I was taking you to get some food."

"DJ stop fucking playing all the time. You getting me something to eat."

"No i'm not Lani." He stale faced her before driving again.

"Okay. Fuck up." Lani flicked him off putting her attention on her phone.

"Oh you mad?" DJ taunted.

"No. My other nigga gon do it." She mumbled but DJ heard her clear as day.

"Fuck you talking about?" DJ parked the car in the lot of the doctors office.

Lani stared at him with a smirk on her face before unfastening her seatbelt. "DJ honestly, shut up."

• • •

"So you gonna give that to who?"

"Sulan and Amber. They wanna plan the baby shower and gender reveal." Lani relaxed in the passenger seat.

"They get on my nerves."

"You get on theirs too. Fucker."

"Yeah whatever." DJ rolled his eyes making a right turn.

Lani hummed to the song along with Jersi and DJ just listened. He glanced at Lani's stomach and the huge smile she had on her face as Jersi talked to her.

DJ admired the kind of mother Lani was. She disciplined Jersi but never made her feel small. She talked to her with respect but still spanked her when need be.

Then again Lani was so soft with Jersi. She loved being under her child. Even with this pregnancy, she always held her stomach. Always talking to the baby. He wouldn't want anybody else carrying his child.

 He wouldn't want anybody else carrying his child

"Aw baby you look so adorable." Lani helped Jersi out of the car.

"Thankyou mommy." She hopped out of the car.

"DJ you dressed her like this?"

He nodded but l furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong with it, she look cute."

"No it's pretty, just didn't expect that from you. You normally dress her like a tomboy." She laughed holding Jersi's hand.

"Well she didn't want that today." DJ hit her shoulder and him and Lani shared licks back and forth.

"Davy you gonna get cussed out." Jersi shouted to DJ making him laugh.

"What Jersi?!" Lani stopped walking looking at her as Jersi looked up at her confused. "Where you learn that?"

"I told ha you was gon cuss me out this morning if I made us late to the appointment. Chill on ha." DJ picked up Jersi sticking his tongue out at Lani.

• • •

Our Jersi baby is so precious 😩