See, I Knew It

Lani

On some real shit, i'm surprised I haven't killed Dj yet

On some real shit, i'm surprised I haven't killed Dj yet. We've been in Cali for three days and all he's been doing is last minute shows, appearances, photoshoots, and radio interviews. But it didn't include looking for a house at all. I felt like Dj was playing with me.

I held my tongue because I didn't want to stress him out, his team was already doing that with over booking him but he promised me.

I sat in the lobby of a radio station as I waited for him to wrap up. It was around 3 in the afternoon and we've been here since 1. My attitude was at an all time high and I was just ready to do what I came down here to do in the first place.

About another 45 minutes, Dj and his people came down the hall. "Ready?" He asked grabbing my drink.

"Are we finna go look at houses yet?" I quickly said back. Attitude all in my voice.

"Yes Lani."

"Well let's go then."

Protecting Dj and me, his bodyguards guided us to Dj's car. Dj opened my door and let me in, closing it then started to sign autographs and take pictures with his fans. Now, he had me pissed off. It's like he was doing stuff to purposely waste time.

He spoke to a few more supporters before getting in the car.

"Really?"

"What?" He asked confused.

"You do know that we will be looking at houses all day right? Like at night too?"

"Ain't tryna hear that." He mumbled.

Dj turned the radio up loud as hell while I scrolled on my phone. He pulled into the drive way of a nice two story house in Chino Hills. A white woman stood in the door waving as we got out the car.

"Hi, how are you? I'm Lisa." She smiled, reaching her hand out for a handshake as we walked into the empty house.

I shook it. "Lani, i'm fine. This is David."

"Wassup." He shook her hand.

"Okay let's get started."

•••

"So you didn't like the first one because of the backyard, and you didn't like the first two because of the windows and sinks?" I listed off.