California Lani?

Lani
𝚘𝚌𝚝. 𝟷𝟸, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾

I know God has plans for me

I know God has plans for me. My heart so big and so pure. Ion regret shit cause i'm just like that ya know? Like I do stuff and don't expect people to give me anything in return. But this shit.. yeah he owe me.

"Dj can you please put some pants and a shirt on." I rolled my eyes as he walked in the kitchen with only his briefs on.

"Girl ian comfortable innat' shit. What you cooking?" He rubbed his arms. I walked over to the thermostat to turn it down, hoping he'd get cold and put some fucking clothes on.

Dj been here since the doctors appointment because of whatever he had going on. Something with him waiting on his house to finish and wanting to be with Jersi more.

It was cool at first but after he climbed his ass in the bed with me las night.. I wasn't feeling it.

"Breakfast Dj, put some clothes on seriously." I said answering my phone.

He walked off in the direction of the guest room to hopefully do what I asked him.

"Hello?"

"Wassup Ja'Lani."

"Ugh.." I groaned at him as he called me my full name. "Sean please stop doing that."

"It be making you mad?"

"Annoyed, not mad."

"Well imma keep saying it until you be mad." He said laughing.

"Anyway wassup? You back on this side yet?"

"Yeah I touched down bout a hour ago."

"How was your flight?" I chuckled a little asking him. For him to be such a traveler, he was scared of flying. Funniest shit ever.

"Fuck off Lan. When you gone be ready to leave?"

"Oh yeah, I still have to clear it with my obgyn. I'll let you know though." I said just as DJ came back in the kitchen.

"Okay just let me know and send me the areas you wanna look in most so I can set that up."

"Okay, i'll send them to you cause i've already been looking."

"Okay just hit me."

"Alright."

I sat my phone down and looked over at Dj who was holding Jersi.

"Why are you holding her?" I questioned, confused. Jersi just turned 7 just last week on the 3rd. So I know she was heavy and he was just holding her like she weighed nothing.

He shrugged his shoulders and she tightened her grip around his neck. It was the cutest. Everyday, DJ showed me the softest side of him when it came to the baby and Jersi. The whole reason he even climbed in my bed last night was to talk to the baby. That's what he was telling me. He probably had me beat with excitement about me having the baby.

"Who was that?" He nodded towards my phone.

"A friend. Helping me look for a new house."

"Where? Who?" He leaned against the fridge.

"Dj." I called out annoyed with all the questions.

"Fuck you calling my name for like i'm annoying you. You ain't tell me nothing about moving. Why you tell a friend and not me?"

"Cause I was just going to look at them Dj. I hadn't made my decision on leaving yet."

"Leaving? Hell you going?"

"Cali. Here." I said to Jersi as she rubbed her eyes. She grabbed her plate and went to sit in the living room to eat and watch tv. She wasn't feel well so I let her stay home.

"California Lani?" He walked closer to me.

"Yes Dj, it's not so bad."

He scrunched his face up. "Not so bad? Lani that's the other fucking coast."

"Can you like stop talking to me like that? Thankyou."

"My bad but what the hell. Yeen tell me nothing. Who you going with? Why I can't go?"

"Cause y'all would try to kill each other." I mumbled.

"Kill? Amb and Su do not get on my nerves that much." He rolled his eyes, grabbing his plate.

I laughed a little. "Not them." I stood still and folded my arms looking at him waiting for him to finished his prayer.

"Sean." I mumbled looking at my toes. Definitely would be taking me and Jers to the salon when I had time.

"Sean?"

I nodded. "Lani be real."

I just stood there looking at him. He always takes shit for a joke.

"Well I hope he have better taste than the man who you share kids with." He laughed checking his phone.

"Dj don't do that."

"Ian do shit." He laughed, taking his plate to the back room.

I groaned, shaking my head. I didn't even know if he was mad because I was thinking about Cali or because I didn't mention it to him.

• • •