You Make Me Happy

Brooklyn, New York
Lani

"Yeah this was nasty. Why you even buy those?" Sulan frowned her face up.

Amber shrugged. "Ion know, I was feeling boujie." She tossed the creamed croissants in the trash in Lani's kitchen.

"Where is Jersi Lani?" Amber asked as Lani came down the hallway.

"Uh she went with Dave." She mumbled holding her neck.

Sulan and Amber both shared a look. "To where?"

"I'm sure somewhere to get a sugar rush."

"And you let him?" Sulan laughed, scooting over so Lani could fit.

"Yeah," she looked at Sulan and Amber. "What's wrong with that? She loves being around him."

"Oh y'all like serious then huh? Well i'm here for it." Amber high-fived Lani.

Lani shook her head while Sulan just watched her.

"You love him don't you?" She squinted her eyes.

"Wait.. wasn't his birthday a few days ago? When y'all where out of state?" Amber chimed in.

"Yeah."

"What did y'all do?" Amber asked.

"Just spent time together, with Jersi of course."

"Yeah! I wanna watch that!" Jersi shouted.

"Ight babygirl, i'm finna put it on." DJ said to Jersi.

Lani was in the kitchen fixing their movie night snacks since DJ had called someone that worked for the villa to come and set up a cute little movie snack station for them.

It was a really cute set up and Lani was pleased that DJ put thought into it

"Hurry mommy." Jersi said.

"I'm coming baby." Lani rushed out of the kicthen with all of their snacks. She sat on the other side of Jersi and got comfy under the covers on the pallet they made on the floor.

"Aw that's really cute. Phonzo did that once."

"Well I would hope he did, he has a theater in his house. I would hate to know he don't have the necessities for it." Amber laughed.

"Anyway, you didn't answer my question." Sulan rolled her eyes at Amber's smart comment.

"What was your question?" Lani asked Sulan, completely lost.