Will You Marry Me

"Will you marry me?"

Those words shocked Chloe, and tears were building in her eyes. She loved Lucifer, and was surprised he was ready to settle. Even though she wanted to say yes desperately, she knew she couldn't without consoling Trixie.

"I want to say yes I do. But I need to talk to Trixie. 24 hours, and I'll let you know."
"Alright, if that's what you need detective"

He stood up pulled her close, and placed a light kiss on her lips.

"For the record, I hope it's a yes."
Chloe chuckled, "Me too."

Chloe couldn't wait to get home, but she was nervous as well. She thought Trixie would be okay with it, but she wasn't sure. But her daughters approval was more important than anything. So when she got home and finally relieved the babysitter, they sat down to talk.

"So, monkey, we need to talk about an important topic."
"Daddy said I could, I swear!!!"
"Wh-what?"
"This isn't about the chocolate cake in my lunch?" Chloe shook her head. "Oh, then what is this about?"
"Well, I know I have put you through the wringer with the guys I have dated, and I really don't want to do that again. But Lucifer proposed to me tonight, and before I say yes, I wanted to make sure you were okay with it."

Trixie had a blank look, the information registering in her brain. Then a big smile and cutest squeal escaped along with a crushing hug to her mom.

"Ahhh!!! That means Lucifer is going to be my step-dad which means I have two awesome dads!!!"

Chloe laughed, relieved her daughter was okay with it. After Trixie was in bed, she texted Lucifer a simple 'yes' before drifting to sleep with the biggest smile on her face.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you liked this chapter! I really like writing these. As always, correct grammar and spelling errors, and feel free to offer some ideas!