Detective Douche

It was the reception of Chloe and Lucifer's wedding. Things were in full swing and everyone was having a great time. Music was blaring and everyone was dancing.

   Trixie was sitting at a table watching the fun. She had been dancing earlier but took a break to relax. Dan started walking over.

   "Hey, monkey-"
   "Don't call me that. Please"
   "Um, okay. Look I know things have been awkward for a while. I just want to make sure you're really okay with this marriage."
   "Yeah, I mean I was the one who told my mom it was okay."
   "You're not worried that he'll leave you. I mean he has been known to do that."
   "Wow, Lucifer was right. You have rightfully earned the name 'detective douche.'"
   "Dan, why are you freaking out our daughter?"

   Chloe had walked up and heard Dan talking to Trixie. He turned around and gave her a surprised look.

   "Well, it's just that-"
   "No, you know what. I got married today, I don't want to know. Leave. Now."

   Dan reluctantly walked away and Chloe sat down across from her daughter.

   "Hey, so whatever he said, don't worry about it."
   "I'm not worried mom. I know he's just, out of sorts, because of the whole wedding."
   "Yeah, and baby-"
   "What are we talking about?"

   Lucifer walked over with three glasses. He handed one to Chloe and one to Trixie.

   "Wow, Lucifer she can't drink that."
   "Relax, it's sparkling cider. Just because she's underage doesn't mean she can't feel fancy."

   Trixie smiled and giggled, and Chloe rolled her eyes.

   "But that's besides the point. What were you talking about?"
   "Oh noth-"
   "My dad is worried your going to leave us because 'you have been known to do that.'"

   Lucifer turned around and tried to walk away before Chloe grabbed his arm.

   "Where are you going?"
   "Oh, just to have a friendly conversation with detective douche."
   "No, no. It's your wedding day too which means you shouldn't have to worry."
   "Yeah, that's not gonna work for me. See he just tried to mess with my daughter's conscience and i'm not okay with that."

   Lucifer stormed away and Trixie looked back to her mom with a confused look. Chloe gave a half smile.

   "We were going to tell you once we got home. But Lucifer wants to adopt you. You know if that's okay with you."

   Trixie smiled and nodded slowly, but then it quickly picked up.

   "Yes, yeah. I would love it if he adopted me!"

   And the night carried on. With even more bliss than it started with.

                                 ~~~~~~~~~
Only a few chapters left in this book. Expect a book two after S5 comes out. Grammar and Spelling.