What The Hell Lucifer

It was late. Trixie was in bed and Chloe was trying to read a book but failing. Her mind kept going back to that night on the balcony. He left her. She told him she loved him. She laid out all her feelings and he left. She threw her book across the couch in frustration.

   "What the hell Lucifer. Why do you have to be like that!"

   She laughed realizing the irony of what she just said. Even from hell he managed to screw with her mind.

   "Why can't you ever just leave me alone!"
   "And what fun would that be detective."

   Chloe froze, not sure if it was her mind or if he was there. Slowly she turned around, and in the flesh, was Lucifer Morningstar. Angel wings and all. Chloe's jaw dropped and tears started building in her eyes. Lucifer folded his wings and smiled.

   "Hi. I'm back."

   Chloe started laughing and crying uncontrollably. She ran off the couch and hugged him. He hugged her back squeezing as if he was going to lose her. She leaned back a little and kissed him.

   She kissed him like she was never seeing him again, and how she should have kissed him before he left. Trixie heard all the commotion and woke up. She got out of bed and opened the door and peered out.

   "Mom?"
   "Oh sweetie, oh i'm so sorry. Did I wake you up?"
   "Kind of. Why are- Lucifer!!! You're back from your vacation!!!"

   Trixie ran over and hugged him. Chloe laughed, glad her daughter was so excited of Lucifer being back.

   "Okay, baby Lucifer is spending the night so you'll have plenty of time to talk tomorrow. Go back to bed."

   Trixie nodded and ran back to her room. Chloe turned back to Lucifer and hugged him again, still crying slightly.

   "I thought you were gone forever."
   "Oh, you know I could never stay away from you for long."
   Chloe chuckled, "Yeah, I know."

   Chloe kissed him one more time before they went to bed. And for the first time in months, she was happy. Genuinely happy.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~
One more chapter. I hope you enjoy reading!!! It's been fun to write.